YG Riverside Concert Report (12/1/16)

Started by Inland Empire Rapper, Dec 3, 2016, in Music Add to Reading List

1. Inland Empire Rapper

Inland Empire Rapper My Life, Your Entertainment

Dec 3, 2016
    Early on there was a concert for Raekwon and Ghostface Killah that few people went to; fastforward to day where there's more people than that concert; s--- was practically packed.

The opening acts were good; they got people who were on YG's Still Brazy album and then some. Sad Boy's performance was impressive but I lost all respect for him once I met him off the stage (btw, he was the only one to interact downstairs with the merchandise, which was admirable). I admit, I was drunk off of 3 tequila shots but at least he could of listened all the way through my rap instead of acting like a big shot.

Kamaiyah's performance was the most impressive; there's a lot of hype behind her and I can see why, she's going to bring back that TLC/Allyiah vibe back; I initially thought she was a man (when I first listened to "Why You Always Hatin'") but that's behind me now.

The DJ sets were long as f---, I couldn't wait for them to be over after a while. I can get this music in the club, I payed for YG but once YG came out, the crowd became hype.

He started his performance on a hospital bed (which I couldn't see from far away) singing "Who Shot Me?" and then it lead on to a sort of blend of "My Krazy Life" and "Still Brazy". I was expecting more songs from the latter but whatever; it was still a good experience.

That feeling when people sing along to the lyrics, that sense of movement, it was there with YG and it made me feel like I was a part of something. I can understand why "My Krazy Life" was getting played more, it's like the quintessential radio hit. Every line was memorable and DJ Mustard produces the best beats on there; it was fun to say every line in unison to the corresponding songs.

The Donald Trump pinata was there in full force and Riverside just decimated it; they really hate Donald Trump there and well, it made the concert unique.

There wasn't much after except YG's mom catering. I tried to buy but she didn't have square... As much as I wanted to meet YG, it was never going to happen in a big concert like this; but that wasn't the intention, I wanted to have as much fun as possible at a rap concert and I did.

YG is one of the greatest in the game right now and this concert is why.

Ordinary Joel and Meero like this.
    Ordinary Joel and Meero like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  2. Zeugma

Zeugma thugger thugger my brother

Dec 3, 2016
    Seriously?

Ordinary Joel and SHUDEYE like this.
    Ordinary Joel and SHUDEYE like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  3. Inland Empire Rapper

Dec 3, 2016
    I've been practicing, and it wasn't like I was performing badly. He stopped before I could finish my 16 bars.

0 0
    Apr 26, 2024
  4. soul intent

soul intent The dude tho

Dec 3, 2016
    Lol no artist is going to stand there and listen to someone drunkenly rap at them

Ordinary Joel likes this.
    Ordinary Joel likes this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  5. Inland Empire Rapper

Dec 3, 2016
    Except it wasn't drunk rap and the bars were good.

I wasn't even super drunk. I have very high tolerance to alcohol.

0 0
    Apr 26, 2024