Eminem As a long time fan this is what I think

Started by crazybeats, Dec 13, 2017, in Eminem Add to Reading List

1. crazybeats

Dec 13, 2017
    And I put myself in that casual audience for hip hop and rap. I'm a white guy. It's not music I could normally relate to but Eminem helped bring me in. Before 1999. Before Eminem you're looking at RUN DMC for people like me. People that didn't know every little thing about hip hop or judge it or critique it.

Now fast forward 17 years and here are the songs I like on this album.

Believe.
    River. (mostly for the beat)
    Remind Me.
    Framed.
    Revival (Interlude)
    Heat.
    Offended.
    In Your Head.
    Castle.
    Arose.

Take from that what you will. And because I am a casual fan of rap and hip hop, like a lot of Eminem fans are. Let's face it. Most Eminem fans are white and live fairly decent lives. We don't fit the stereotype at all . I do believe I speak for his fan base. So take a look at those songs and take from that what you will. Whether it's the production, whether it's his voice, what flow he uses, what content he uses. That is what real fans would enjoy listening to and I would be confident in saying the 9 songs I listed up there will be the 9 songs on many fans playlist.

As for the other songs? I can only imagine they were done for 2 reasons, 1) to bring in sales and 2) Listening to current chart music. I don't think I'd be wrong in saying Believe and Chloroplastic sound the same. I could say the same for the P!nk and Skylar Grey track. The X Ambassadors track would not sound out of place on the radio at all but hey it's not my album. I can't imagine him listening to those songs and really believing they are as good as everything else he has done.

Groovy Tony and SubwaySam like this.
    Groovy Tony and SubwaySam like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  2. SubwaySam

Dec 13, 2017
    Agreed.

0 0
    Mar 28, 2024