Serious Camping

Started by SWERVO, Aug 4, 2017, in Life Add to Reading List

1. SWERVO

SWERVO big cuntry's alias

Aug 4, 2017
    Lately I've been bored of doing the same s--- all the time so I am going into the woods in upstate PA about 6 hours from me tomorrow morning. No campgrounds or anything like that. It's just 500 miles of land. There's moose, wild bore, coyotes, rattlesnakes, black bears, etc etc. I'm gonna be in there for about 2-3 days depending on how things go. All I plan to take is a bag on my back and another bag to carry along with a 20 gauge just in case some animal tries to f--- me up. The big animals don't bother me because you can see them coming, the only thing I'm worried about is the snakes because they can sneak up on you. If I get bit by a snake out there, I'm done. I'm really just all in for new experiences.

After I make it out of the woods, I gotta drive up to NY to get to my hotel and clean up to go to a wedding.

If you don't see me login after Monday, I'm probably dead.

Poohdini, Boos, Slyk and 7 others like this.
    Poohdini, Boos, Slyk and 7 others like this.
    Apr 18, 2024
  2. Sign Language

Sign Language We miss you Screw

Aug 4, 2017
    Be sure to check for ticks while out there fam.

I once pulled a tick off my d-ck. :sad3:

Apr 18, 2024
  3. Ordinary Joel

Ordinary Joel Found a new way to flow

Aug 5, 2017
    Stay safe mate. :ohno:

0 0
    Apr 18, 2024
  4. DKC

DKC hank trill

Aug 6, 2017
    Get tested for Lyme disease fam

Ordinary Joel and Sign Language like this.
    Ordinary Joel and Sign Language like this.
    Apr 18, 2024
  5. Sign Language

Sign Language We miss you Screw

Aug 6, 2017
    I got blood tests already scheduled fam :kdotcry:

PS check your pms

Ordinary Joel and DKC like this.
    Apr 18, 2024
  6. Lucy

Lucy #1

Aug 6, 2017
    Camping in america is sifferent imo, i imagine you go out innawoods and actually hunt and s---. in aus it's like "i'm going camping" and you're like "ok he's going to a beach for a few days to live off of alcohol and nothing else"
    tbh this. but fucken h--- you gallah, what did you learn in school? do you know how to splint that s---? also just pretend you are training for football and when moving thru tall grass do high leg/knee thrust things as you run - snakes feel the vibrations in the grouund and f--- off immediately. but if you get bit, wrap a bandage around the bite, mark on the bandage where you got bit, then put another bandage really tight behind the bite to try slow the venom from circulating. then get a big fucken stick and start bandaging that around your leg (majority of snakebites are on the leg) like a splint. if you use less muscles and energy on the leg, it pumps less blood. then just i dunno who u call in america but im pre sure you get air lifted to hospital if you can contact them.

Apr 18, 2024
  7. Antman

Antman No Cap

Aug 6, 2017
    Most informative post oat

Ordinary Joel likes this.
    Apr 18, 2024
  8. Deadpool

Deadpool the end

Aug 6, 2017
    RIP

Apr 18, 2024
  9. aquaberryares

aquaberryares one time I made sex

Aug 6, 2017
    Op coming thru with the most Caucasian post yet

Apr 18, 2024
  10. aquaberryares

Aug 6, 2017
    Soldier confirmed dead now. Which one of u white n----s gone 1 up him n scale the himalayas or sum s---. Wit y'alls flat a---

Apr 18, 2024
  11. Slyk

Slyk God made a prophet.

Aug 6, 2017
    was taught by an aussie in the bush that if you get a snakebite in middle of nowhere then the best thing is to raise the appendage above your heart. after a couple days of keeping it raised, you should be good to go... said that's how the aboriginals did that s--- back in the day.

truth?

Apr 18, 2024
  12. SHUDEYE

SHUDEYE Kerser is the sickest.

Aug 7, 2017
    Jesus

Apr 18, 2024
  13. SWERVO

Aug 8, 2017
    I'm alive. Will post details later.

Apr 18, 2024
  14. Dank Sinatra

Aug 8, 2017
    Camping is a grand ol' time! Taking excessive amounts hallucinogenics while being isolated in the wilderness is a great experience. @Coco the Vageater what should I do if im tripping balls way to f---ing hard in the forest? sometimes campgrounds are full of familes of cacs as well. You seem to be the top authority on these matters around here.

Apr 18, 2024
  15. Slyk

Slyk God made a prophet.

Aug 8, 2017
    @Coco the Vageater don't leave me hangin on this question. my future very well (unlikely) rest on how you answer.

Apr 18, 2024
  16. Charlie Work

Charlie Work Level 5 Goblin

Aug 8, 2017
    Was curious about this...

If you want to decrease circulation (which may be stupid, depending on the venom, see below), then you should raise the bitten limb. Using a tourniquet would be significantly more effective. Raising the bitten limb is unquestionably more effective than lowering it. Raising the bitten limb may cause the blood currently in the limb to drain back toward your heart, so that seems bad. However, once raised, the blood flow into the limb will be significantly decreased by gravity. If you keep the limb low, all the blood will eventually go back to your heart anyway, and then more blood will flow into the limb and wash even more poison out of the wound, bringing even more poison back to your heart, and from there to the rest of your body.

Decreasing the circulation to the venomous bite can be either good or bad depending on the type of venom. With many venoms, it is good to increase circulation. The blood will wash away the venom and dilute it. If you cut off circulation, then all the venom stays in one place and remains highly concentrated, causing devastation to the tissue near the bite. The result may be amputation of your arm or leg.

However, other venoms can k--- you. If you are facing a potentially deadly venom, and you can't get to a hospital quickly, then it might be best to sacrifice the limb and keep the venom in the limb.

If you don't know much about the venom in your wound (which is almost always the case), then you should not try to decrease circulation. You should wash the wound with soap and water, and/or alcohol, and get to a hospital as soon as possible. If the hospital is nearby, you can skip the wound cleaning stage. They will do that at the hospital.

Ordinary Joel and Slyk like this.
    Apr 18, 2024
  17. SWERVO

Aug 8, 2017
    I've gone camping before at actual campgrounds near me and even just random spots in the woods at friends houses. This was nothing like that. Where I live, pretty much all you'll see is deer.

Once I got up to Allegheny I went through the state park of it all the way to the New York side where it's not really regulated as a state park. Through the state park portion there's all the actual campgrounds and cabins n s--- but u might as well be at home with all the facilities that surround. I was trying to go completely off the grid.

In my search to find a spot, I actually ended up on Indian land somehow. I wasn't paying attention and next thing u know I'm driving into the Seneca Nation of Indians in Salamanaca NY. I quickly turned around once I realized. After further driving, I ended up parking on the side of the road and grabbed my s--- and headed into the woods. I wanted to find a spot close to water so I could fish but not too close.

So after walking about three miles in, I found a good spot and started to set my s--- up. It was then when I realized I left my rifle and some other s--- in the car so I had to walk all the way back which was not an easy task to grab the forgotten. That took about an hour and a half but once I got back I got a fire going and started cooking some canned food I brought. Well by the time I finished making the food and cracked it open, I hear a very loud crack on the branches probably about less than a quarter mile from me and you could tell it was a big animal. My first reaction was f---. So I launched the food as far as I could to detour whatever was coming.

That didn't work, about 10 min later, a f---ing bear found it's way. The thing must have smelled the food and came searching. I ended up going down near the water and sat behind a tree for about a half n hour until he finished eating my food and getting all curious around the rest of my s---.

The worst part about this whole thing was when it got dark and it was time to sleep. I could just hear all types of s--- moving around me the whole night. I kept waking up throughout the night hearing something brushing up on the tent. To top it off it rained pretty hard at one point as well.

I also forgot to mention earlier, after you got about 2 miles into the woods, I started seeing glass bottles everywhere. There were hundreds of them along with light bulbs and barrels. I must have came across a spot where people were making moonshine or even m---. I think it could have been m--- because of the barrels and that's where they drain the sludge of that s--- into. It was pretty sketchy whatever it was though.

All in all though, it was a great experience and something I'll always remember.

Apr 18, 2024
  18. aquaberryares

Aug 8, 2017
    Did u tell Narsh I said hi

Ordinary Joel, DKC, Worm and 2 others like this.
    Ordinary Joel, DKC, Worm and 2 others like this.
    Apr 18, 2024
  19. Lucy

Lucy #1

Aug 8, 2017
    it helps ya. good rule of thumb is dont listen to anything charlie said, hes wrong

Apr 18, 2024
  20. Slyk

Slyk God made a prophet.

Aug 8, 2017
    bruh.
    surprised you survived after making such an amateur move tbh.

yeh f--- that. i'd be out after a day too.

Ordinary Joel and SWERVO like this.
    Ordinary Joel and SWERVO like this.
    Apr 18, 2024