Trailers Do You Watch Trailers?

Started by DKC, Nov 30, 2014, in Entertainment Add to Reading List

1. DKC

DKC hank trill

Nov 30, 2014
    Got in a debate about this with my friend the other day.

Personally, I tend to avoid watching trailers unless I'm at a theater. It sucks to be excited for a film and then have a trailer ruin a good chunk of the plot points/surprises, as a lot of them tend to do. I'm down with teasers, and I wish that's all studios did to preview films (though I obviously understand why it's necessary for them to make trailers). My friend asked me how I'm able to keep up with what's coming out if I don't watch trailers, and I was kinda baffled — we live in the internet age! It's pretty easy to find out that a new film by Your Favorite Director is coming out if you keep up with film news/watch TV/have friends/go outside and see a billboard. Worst case scenario, you can just check metacritic/rotten tomatoes and see what's getting good reviews.

For similar reasons, I never watch the "next week on X" previews for TV shows. If I'm watching the show, I'm already invested enough in it that I'm going to watch it next week.

0 0
    Apr 26, 2024
  2. outlier5

Dec 4, 2014
    I used to watch trailers all the time. Then I essentially adopted the same mentality I take towards books - based on recommendation/accolades. I love going into a movie/book totally blind. This is why Edge of Tomorrow (now Live.Die.Repeat) was so d--- breathtaking for me.

DKC likes this.
    DKC likes this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  3. Lil Wayne

Lil Wayne Tha Carter V

Dec 4, 2014
    I almost always watch trailers before I see a movie, I generally feel they don't reveal too much

0 0
    Apr 26, 2024
  4. JFK

JFK Bleach on my t-shirt

Dec 5, 2014
    This is my least favorite part of any TV show. I literally leap off my couch and turn off the TV to avoid "NEXT WEEK ON". Ain't nobody got time to find the remote. Going into every episode with absolutely no idea what's going to happen is a FAR better experience.

I learned my lesson with Breaking Bad. I used to speculate, solve clues, read spoilers. f--- that.

DKC likes this.
    DKC likes this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  5. Charlie Work

Charlie Work Level 5 Goblin

Dec 5, 2014
    In general, I never watch cable anymore so nah. I'll watch one of the early, less spoilery, trailers online once though.
    I trust trailers for less popular movies a lot more than a blockbuster. I've seen the Leviathan trailer a few types because I'm so hyped.

0 0
    Apr 26, 2024
  6. Tone Riggz

Tone Riggz There's No Cure For Being A C*nt

Dec 5, 2014
    Yeah, especially online. A good trailer will make you want to see a film. I just saw the trailer for '71 and it made me want to see the film. I also like trailers for TV shows. Game of Thrones usually has incredible trailers.

0 0
    Apr 26, 2024
  7. dr ho daddy swo

Dec 5, 2014
    I watched the new star wars trailer like 20 times already. I also watched a full commentary on the trailer too :emoji_slight_frown:

0 0
    Apr 26, 2024
  8. ruff

ruff hehe

Dec 5, 2014
    I'll watch a new trailer on Youtube once and that'll be it until I see the movie, if I ever do.

TV show trailers for upcoming episodes are a lil different.

0 0
    Apr 26, 2024