Drake Immys TOP 20 DRAKE SONGS OF 2015

Started by Immy, Dec 11, 2015, in Drake Add to Reading List

1. Immy

Immy yikes

Dec 11, 2015
    [​IMG]
    2015 has been the year of the 6god. He dropped a surprise mixtape at the start of the year and since then has been on a roll. He has featured songs such as My Way, R.I.C.O and 100 where he has been the standout. Following his Mixtape he had announced himself as an Apple artist and OVO sound radio was introduced. Drake would go quiet as fans eagerly anticipated his upcoming album Views From The 6. Some philly n----- called Drake out over the R.I.C.O verse that was blessed to him and said Drake didn't write his own s---. Drake did him dirty Back To Back and ruined that n----s 2015. He then released on OVO sound radio a little song named Hotline Bling which at first didn't seem a big deal. As the year progressed the song steadily progressed through the charts until it hit #2 on Billboard. This prompted a video to be created... This video made Drake the most Memeable artist OAT[​IMG]
    Here is a lookback at Drakes top 20 Songs In my opinion. (why the f--- am i writing like i am some billboard neega)

20. Jungle
    The song that is self titled from the Documentary that was released earlier this year. The sample is amazing in this song and Drake makes full use of his singing/rapping flow with him blending in between the both during his verses. A Strong song but in my opinion lacks replay value maybe because it's too slow.

19. Sweeterman (Remix)
    This song is full R&B Drake and who can hate that? Maybe if this was the original it would of progressed more in terms of charting.

18. Now And Forever
    This song is apparently about Drake debating whether he should leave the Record Label that arguably made him into the star he is today. Drake also fabricates a female and makes her the record label in this song so he can talk to her and discuss his future. Song samples a Nas song

17. My Side
    This is a bonus disk for the mixtape If You're Reading This It's Too Late. This song is about Rihanna and he talks about how he misses her and she never visits him now that they're back in the states. Songs beat is slow whilst Drake songs over it. Rihanna is a thot for never coming to were Drake stayssssss jk Ly RiRi

16. Charged Up
    The first "reply" directed at some Philly n-----. Drake doesn't throw that many shots but more taunts meek with lines such as "Rumor has it I either f----- her or never could, but rumor has it that hasn't done you n----s any good" "I see you n----s having trouble going gold, turning into some so and so's that no-one knows" Drake also taunts The philly n----- over his income and his accusations. This isn't the best Diss song ever but it does it's job to be the opening for what came next... Not to Mention this started the downfall of that philly n-----

15. No Tellin'
    This song shows that Drake has accomplished alot in his career so far but what is going to happen next for him? Aint no tellin. This is the cocky 6god Drake that has developed over the year although this was released on the Mixtape. The beat switches up and this is when Drake gets back down to earth and remembers that this is a game and people who are his friends could always take shots (This came true) to attempt to get their own fame.

14. Jumpman
    This may be a collaborative song with Future but.. Jumpman.. Jumpman..Jumpman.. Jumpman

13. 10 Bands
    One of the songs that that Philly n----- brought up when attempting to get Noticed. The beat on this song is f---ing amazing and the way Drake delivers his amazing. On this song Drake talks about how he has been isolated in his condo and he is constantly creating music no-matter what time it is. He makes his music for the 6

12. Star 67
    Song revolves around Drake wanting more money whilst growing up and talking about Phone scamming. He talks about how he made only $50k whilst on Degrassi. Drake knew this wasn't enough for him and his family so he started working on the Phone scams. Drake realised he didn't wanna work this way and then started to pursue music.. To which he eventually blew up

11. Can I
    f--- leakers. This song is f---ing amazing, Beyonce only says 3 simple words throughout the entire song. Can I and Baby, Drake works with them words and starts every line playing of Can I and ends it with Baby. Song is apparently going to appear on Views since Drake loved it. He officially released it through OVO sound radio with added instruments and beyonce saying 3 more words.

10. 6PM In New York
    This is RAW Drake. Follows his 5AM In Toronto, 9AM In Dallas. This is Drake just spitting on a beat without any type of hook. He ruins Kylies man in one line and the entire net took notice. Drake talks about how his career is going to be a how-to manual . Drake drops shots at practically everyone on this. Drake realises his is stuck in a position where people want to use him for attention now. Drake also aspires to be #1 in the rap game since nobody remembers #2

9. Madonna
    This is where Drake is linking some random chick and he talks about how he can make her as big as madonna if she just stays with him. She has the juice and Drake feels like she has potential. The beat is f---ing dope and the hook is great with Drake just muttering words. I personally love this song it might not be worthy of top 10 but f--- it.

8. Legend
    The opening of Drakes mixtape that broke the Internet. This song talks about how if Drake was to Die today he would be regarded as a legend for all of the things he has accomplished in the rap game so far. Drake is being completely vain throughout the song and it is a
    very strong opening to the mixtape.

7. 6 Man
    Drakes most underrated song in my opinion. The flow Drake uses is nothing like have ever heard from him. Drake talks about how he is making money and killing careers just doing his thing. The second verse is f---ing flames and is one of his most underrated verses OAT. He then addresses the trust issue b------s and says he is
    mature now he wont sleep around if he has a girl since she has him.

6. You And The 6
    This song is directly at Drakes momma and how much she pesters him but he loves her for doing it and she is the reason he is what he is today. s--- is amazing, he talks about how People in the music industry (fans) said he's a p---- and how he isn't black enough. Drake talks about how people will stab him in the back but he always has his mom and she raised him right. Drake talks about his upbringing and how his circle influenced him and how the 6 aswell as his mom created the 6god.

5. 30 For 30
    The final song on the "What a time to be alive" mixtape. This is drake talking about how the industry is trying to take him down but he is big enough where they cant take him down. The beat is a typical 40 beat and there is no hook it's Drake constantly rapping. Drake addresses his beef with That philly n----- and says there are bigger things going on in the world to beef. Drake has now gone from a superstar to a megastar and Drake talks about how women are now fake and will lie to attempt to get his fame and the kids now look upto him instead of being on the same level. It'll be January in No time.

4. Back To Back
    Oh Man... Oh Man... RIP Robert Williams

3. Energy
    This Drake taking shots at everyone trying to drain him and stop him from doing what he loves. The beat,hook and verses all compliment each other to make this song in my opinion one of the best rap songs of 2015 and the music video went viral.

2. Hotline Bling
    Drakes biggest song to date in terms of radio play. The video went viral as f--- and R&B Drake :emoji_heart:

1. Know Yourself
    The hook on this song is probably the most memorable hook from a hip-hop song in 2015. The beat on this song is produced by Boi-1da and it is possibly the best beat from the mixtape. Drake talks about how he has loads of money and wants to blow it on items such as Ferraris and Bugattis just because he can.
    He was running through the 6 with his woes...

Views From The 6 - 2016

@DrakeSXN

Last edited: Dec 11, 2015
    Apr 26, 2024
  2. Flacko

Flacko Too Blessed To Be Humble

Dec 11, 2015
    Nice write up. That italics is hurting my head though.

Immy likes this.
    Immy likes this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  3. Immy

Immy yikes

Dec 11, 2015
    fixed

Maximus likes this.
    Maximus likes this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  4. Immy

Immy yikes

Dec 11, 2015
    @NewNigs wont let me tag u n----s

shahidah and Maximus like this.
    shahidah and Maximus like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  5. Maximus

Maximus Skeppy

Dec 11, 2015
    imma read this later
    @Immy nice

Immy likes this.
    Immy likes this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  6. Narsh

Dec 11, 2015
    :ummmm:

Apr 26, 2024
  7. Immy

Immy yikes

Dec 11, 2015
    :sweatt: dont make me send for u

Maximus likes this.
    Maximus likes this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  8. Mikey

Dec 11, 2015
    i know Drake is bigger than ever. But I find most of these songs boring. His flow sounds so lazy.

Prosciutto, gorealsteady and Immy like this.
    Prosciutto, gorealsteady and Immy like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  9. gorealsteady

gorealsteady heal & create

Dec 11, 2015
    *drives by on the passenger side*

Fuk your list and terrible music taste. Drake sux and we gon take em to Philly

:pac:

Tell your boss he should watch both his backs!!!

*Laughs while shooting in the sky*
    *car races off while the entire 6 block wakes up*

0 0
    Apr 26, 2024
  10. Immy

Immy yikes

Dec 11, 2015
    :lol6:

Maximus and sxneighty123 like this.
    Maximus and sxneighty123 like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  11. Jordan

Jordan ⛴⛵️✈️

Dec 11, 2015
    Nice write up @Immy, I enjoyed reading it which inspired me to the listen to IYRTITL again :emoji_sunglasses:

Little suggestion: the text is more overseeable when you add a free line between the paragraphs. :emoji_thumbsup:

sxneighty123, Maximus and Immy like this.
    sxneighty123, Maximus and Immy like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  12. Flacko

Flacko Too Blessed To Be Humble

Dec 11, 2015
    2015 has been an autopilot year for him tbh

Maximus, Poohdini, Immy and 1 other person like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  13. Immy

Immy yikes

Dec 11, 2015
    I'll edit it when I'm home fam

Maximus and Jordan like this.
    Maximus and Jordan like this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  14. Thy

Thy 000000

Dec 11, 2015
    Can you post 5 songs a post too? Nice write-up.

0 0
    Apr 26, 2024
  15. Immy

Immy yikes

Dec 11, 2015
    thats effort

Maximus likes this.
    Maximus likes this.
    Apr 26, 2024
  16. Narsh

Dec 11, 2015
    So we're just ignoring the hard r he dropped huh