Nipsey Hussle Hints At Joint Album With YG...

Started by Ricky, Feb 26, 2018, in Music Add to Reading List

1. Ricky

Ricky Hip-Hop CEO ™

Feb 26, 2018
    ... named "America's Most Wanted".

[​IMG]

Nipsey Hussle’s debut album Victory Lap moved 53k copies in the first week, earning him a number 4 spot on the Billboard 200 chart.

On the album, one of the standout songs is a collaboration with YG, ‘Last Time I Checc’d‘ which is not surprising as the two L.A. rappers have always had great chemistry together. Their previously collaboration ‘F*ck Donald Trump’ had made a lot of noise too.

In an interview with Billboard, Nipsey has mentioned that ‘FDT‘ was actually a song recorded for their joint project but they decided to put it on hold to focus on their solo careers. “”FDT” was for the YG and Nip Hussle album, and you heard how crazy that s--- came out? He put that on the album and was like, “F*ck that, I’m done.” And I understand that. Those sessions were sessions for the collab project. We went into Mustard’s studio every day. Young Thug came through. A lot of songs that wound up on different projects happened in there,” revealed Nipsey.

When asked if the idea had been dropped, Nipsey confirmed that it is still on and when it happens, it will be titled America’s Most Wanted. “The idea is definitely not dead. Life happens. He got a solo career and I got a solo career. He got a kid and I got kids. That’s something the West wants, and we’re gonna do it, and we’re gonna call it America’s Most Wanted.”

:sad2:

Ordinary Joel, Groovy Tony and Trackz like this.
    Ordinary Joel, Groovy Tony and Trackz like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  2. JIGGA MANE

Feb 26, 2018
    If it happens then maybe I’d actually be able to listen to an entire Nipsey album

Ordinary Joel, Groovy Tony and Ricky like this.
    Ordinary Joel, Groovy Tony and Ricky like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  3. Winter

Winter Super Comfy

Feb 26, 2018
    Would be monumental

Wonder how many of these YG projects will actually see the light of day tho

Ordinary Joel and Ricky like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  4. Trackz

Trackz BARCODE

Feb 27, 2018
    I'm not a huge YG fan, but I'm in for nipsey.

Mar 28, 2024