The Clash of Louisiana: Who Won?

1. Cash Money

75.0%
  2. No Limit

25.0%
  1. Enez

Enez Purple Heats Forever

Apr 21, 2019
    In the late 90s to early 2000s, 2 record labels from New Orleans pretty much started to take over the game. In No Limit's case, that started to fall apart fast. Cash Money moved on and became even bigger than before. Time to briefly go over the labels rosters and anything else worth mentioning.

[​IMG]
    No Limit Records Roster:

Master P
    C-Murder
    Silkk The Shocker
    Mystikal
    Snoop Dogg
    Mia X
    Fiend
    Soulja Slim
    Big Ed
    Mac
    Magic
    and others.

No Limit decided to go with the route of quantity over quality, which if you already didn't know already, cost them a lot of their fans as soon as everyone noticed that most their albums weren't good at all and sounded the same. My problem with No Limit is how similar the artists are on the label (Kane & Abel is a MAJOR offender, while the Miller brothers are an exception). P's Only God Can Judge Me could be the start of the fall of No Limit, but I felt like it really fell off after the TRU album. Not to say they don't have any classics. Mac's WW3 is probably the best album No Limit dropped, that or No Limit Top Dogg.

[​IMG]
    Cash Money Records Roster :

Lil Wayne
    Turk,
    B.G
    Juvenile
    Baby (Birdman)
    Mannie Fresh

I've always preferred Cash Money because, s--- they made better albums. Due to the lack of notable rappers in Cash Money, there was less room for error. While Cash Money continued on with their success with the Young Money crew, No Limit is, not a memory, just a shell of what is was.

Though I just talk about the 2 records after hearing The Assassin. Obviously, I prefer Cash Money, but No Limit could wick a little bit.

Ordinary Joel and Sav Stanfield like this.
    Ordinary Joel and Sav Stanfield like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  2. Jay Zeus

Jay Zeus I am the god-favored weed strain

Apr 21, 2019
    Curren$y went "From" No Limit "TO" "Cash Money/Young Money", and that was both's greatest acquisition. That's all you need to know when trying to figure out how to determine the objectively and unanimously correct answer to this burning matter of inquisition.

Ordinary Joel, Enez and Sav Stanfield like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  3. CJ Poe

CJ Poe The Dark Vegan

Apr 21, 2019
    I was a No Limit head from '97-99/2000, then Cash Money just came out of the blue and took off and No Limit quickly fell off, but In both of their primes, they couldn't be touched.

Mar 28, 2024
  4. Sav Stanfield

Apr 22, 2019
    great thread. I'd say Cash Money but thats only because I don't know No Limit's catalog as well, outside of the big releases. But CM also had an insane amount of longevity while No Limit has pretty much disappeared in recent years. Eitherway both camps produced so many classics. 2 of the greatest empires to ever do it

Ordinary Joel and Enez like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  5. Sav Stanfield

Apr 22, 2019
    @WheresTheMeat added a poll

Mar 28, 2024
  6. Winter

Winter Super Comfy

Apr 22, 2019
    I’m a bigger fan of No Limit, but I can’t see an argument against Cash Money having a better catalogue

Ordinary Joel, Sav Stanfield and Enez like this.
    Ordinary Joel, Sav Stanfield and Enez like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  7. Enez

Enez Purple Heats Forever

Apr 22, 2019
    Though I like CM more, can't deny that P paved the way for them. P knows how to run a label better than Baby ever did.

Mar 28, 2024