ROYCE DA 5’9 WARNS FREDRO STARR AFTER BEING CALLED NERD

Started by Detroit24, Nov 20, 2020, in Music Add to Reading List

1. Detroit24

Nov 20, 2020
    ROYCE DA 5’9 WARNS FREDRO STARR: ‘THERE’S NO REASON FOR YOU TO EVER f---ing PLAY WITH ME AGAIN’

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CHyD8UQpY5j/?igshid=pf3p6f1ah793

During a recent episode of the Rappers Ballers Podcast, Fredro Starr made some comments about Royce Da 5’9. While talking to co-host Jonny Vulgar and guest Van Lathan, the Onyx member called the Detroit native a “nerd” rapper while referring to books and the title of his last album, The Allegory.

“That’s my man, look I was on tour with Royce Da 5’9,” he said. “That’s my n-----. We was on the Nelly tour together — real n-----. But I was tryna say he would be in the nerd part of rap. That don’t mean you not a street n----- though, nobody never said that … n----s that read books, n----s that you know, the nerdy n----s.”

He continued, “I wouldn’t consider myself a nerd rapper, but I can still have a conversation with somebody intellectually and not be a nerd. What’s the name of this n----- last album, Royce Da 5’9? The Algor- some crazy name, what was it? It was some ill word, I was like what is that? I’ve never heard of that word until I heard him say it.”

As the video progresses, Royce gets to the main point by saying he doesn’t play games and isn’t interested in any sort of relationship with Fredro.

“But it’s also one thing that I’ve never done,” he said. “And if you follow me then you know, you never seen me play with n----s and you never seen n----s play with me. I don’t let n----s play with me, I never let n----s play with me, you know what I’m saying? What I dont like to do is I don’t like to play games, there’s too much going on in the world right now. Like it’s a very serious time.

“And I’m happy for y’all if y’all in a happy place. You and that other n-----. If y’all in a happy place, I’m cool, I’m glad for y’all. Van Lathan is my man, that’s who I indentify with as my man on that show. It was an honor and a privilege to go on tour with y’all back in the day, and I appreciate you calling me your man, but I would be remised to not be completely transparent with you right now legend, and let you know I am not your man.

“And I have no desire whatsoever to build any sort of relationship with you moving forward, just so we clear. So there’s no reason for you to ever f---ing play with me again. I don’t play, I don’t like to play. Save that playing s--- for a n----- that you playing with that’s playing with you back. And I won’t come f--- over you. And I’m not gon’ say it again, Fredro Starr. You keep being a legend, and I’ma keep doing what the f--- I do. Next time you mention me, you mention me and you give me the compliments or whatever you wanna give me, and you leave all that extra s--- out of it, because it’s something that come with that. Bless that.”

Ricky likes this.
    Ricky likes this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  2. Boos

Boos Nova Nation

Nov 20, 2020
    What a f---ing spazz

RetiredAccount, Ricky and Detroit24 like this.
    RetiredAccount, Ricky and Detroit24 like this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  3. Jay Zeus

Jay Zeus I am the god-favored weed strain

Nov 20, 2020
    Lol. Royce, I love you, but shut the f--- up. All this extra s--- wasn't even necessary. I don't know what the f--- Fredro Starr is even talking about, but that n----- been irrelevant. Royce noting how irrelevant he's been since 1998 would have sufficed. This whole exaggerated tough-guy facade displayed by him over being called a nerd was try-hard as f---. Kinda miss burnout drunk Royce. I believed everything that n----- said. Sticky Fingaz carried the f--- out of "Onyx". That's all.

Ricky, Yeez and Detroit24 like this.
    Ricky, Yeez and Detroit24 like this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  4. Ricky

Ricky Hip-Hop CEO ™

Nov 20, 2020
    f--- is wrong with Royce, he said the word "playing" so many times I expect his next IG post to be PlayStation 5 ad smh

Detroit24 and Jay Zeus like this.
    Detroit24 and Jay Zeus like this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  5. FlameEffex

Nov 20, 2020
    This comes off as super f---in awkward coming from someone who has generally appeared very level headed and calm in the past... Even more so when you consider this dude made it his personal mission to squash every beef in the world the last few months lol. Em vs Cannon? Em vs Budden? Logic vs Joyner?

But on the bright side, I love Royce on some diss tracks... So maybe... Just maybe we'll get something. Unlikely though lol. Dudes are probably already on the phone apologizing to each other.

Detroit24 likes this.
    Detroit24 likes this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  6. Martha Stewart

Martha Stewart Don't @ me

Nov 20, 2020
    how you a rapper and don’t know what a d--- allegory is
    :currydead:

Mf ever heard of a metaphor? What about a syllable?

Detroit24, Jay Zeus and Ricky like this.
    Apr 24, 2024
  7. Martha Stewart

Martha Stewart Don't @ me

Nov 20, 2020
    I appreciate you calling me your man, but I would be remised to not be completely transparent with you right now”

Royce knows d--- well bro not gonna understand half of this

Apr 24, 2024
  8. Trackz

Trackz BARCODE

Nov 20, 2020
    kinda surprised he was triggered by that.

Detroit24 and Ricky like this.
    Detroit24 and Ricky like this.
    Apr 24, 2024