Deleted

Started by Reed Richards, Jun 2, 2016, in Life Add to Reading List

1. Reed Richards

Jun 2, 2016
    F

Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
    Fitzy, Red Rum and Ordinary Joel like this.
    Fitzy, Red Rum and Ordinary Joel like this.
    Apr 27, 2024
  2. SWERVO

SWERVO big cuntry's alias

Jun 2, 2016
    Good luck and have fun. Highschool football holds some of my favorite memories. A lot of good times. 3 a days in the summer and then going out with all your friends to eat a restaurant dry of food. They worked our a----s off but it payed off because we were a d--- good team.

Enjoy it while you can because it doesn't last long. I just finished up my final season of highschool football last Fall.

If you are that invested in it and want to improve yourself, work your a--- off outside of practice as well, it pays off.

Fitzy, Red Rum, DKC and 3 others like this.
    Fitzy, Red Rum, DKC and 3 others like this.
    Apr 27, 2024
  3. Trackz

Trackz BARCODE

Jun 2, 2016
    Loved high school football. I was definitely the skinniest guy on my JV and Varsity teams, but I played really good for my size and I was a good Corner and Safety. We use to all have dinner at a teammates house once a week. When everyone came to my crib, my mom made us all sloppy joes. Definitely agree with @Soldier when it comes to wanting to improve yourself in sports. You won't get surpass your opponents by just simply going to practice. Before I ran Track & Field in college, i was ALWAYS training for my events (110m hurdles & 300/400m hurdles) year around except during the fall. I trained for Track during the Summer, Winter and Spring.

On a side note, My high school record still stands to this day 14.53 seconds in the 110m hurdles back in 2004.

Fitzy, SWERVO, Red Rum and 3 others like this.
    Fitzy, SWERVO, Red Rum and 3 others like this.
    Apr 27, 2024
  4. kris

Jun 4, 2016
    What position you playing phaggot

0 0
    Apr 27, 2024
  5. blair

Jun 4, 2016
    This will likely be the last years of your life you ever get to play football so leave it all out there. Don't quit and regret it like most people do.

Fitzy and SWERVO like this.
    Fitzy and SWERVO like this.
    Apr 27, 2024
  6. Fitzy

Fitzy BeliGOAT

Jun 5, 2016
    I f---ing miss football so much. I played in high school and college. Some of the best times of my life.

I was a highly recruited defensive end/tight end in high school, and was a 4 time state champion and New England Champion shotputter (I still hold my college's shotput record after 12 years, and my high school's record after 13 years, which is actually my county's record too).

I had 21 sacks my junior year (9 games), and I was on pace to destroy that in my senior year (I had 11 sacks in 3 games), until I snapped my ankle before our 4th game. I was looking towards going to Auburn. :kdotcry:

What's funny is, before freshman football, I was an average athlete. I was good at basketball and baseball, but not elite. Football drove me to be better than everyone, and I f---ing outworked everyone. I ended up becoming the best athlete in my school, got inducted into it's Hall of Fame and set multiple records along the way.

When everyone else would be done after practice, I'd beg my coaches to let me lift and train afterwards.

I'm totally convinced that, no matter what your position is in football, it's a matter of how hard you're willing to work. It's not exactly a skill sport (basketball requires dribbling, same as soccer, baseball requires great hand-eye coordination, etc).

There are techniques, obviously, in football, but hard work pays off first, especially in high school.

Just outwork everyone. Put your nose to the grind and battle. You're going to lose one on ones, but learn from every practice and keep hustling. Seriously.

Also, I highly recommend joining your track team. Not only is it great for training for your specific position, but it's a great way to get noticed by colleges.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2016
    Ordinary Joel likes this.
    Ordinary Joel likes this.
    Apr 27, 2024