Drake The Dream reveals why he & Drake haven't collabed since 'Shut It Down'

Started by Poohdini, Jun 8, 2017, in Drake Add to Reading List

1. Poohdini

Poohdini MVP MVP

Jun 8, 2017
    If you were hoping for another Drake collaboration with The Dream, it may not be happening.

In 2010, The Dream collaborated with Drake on “Shut It Down” on his ‘Thank Me Later’ album. As seven years have passed with no follow-up collaborations, fans have wondered why haven’t the two gotten in the studio together. During an installment of Genius Level, The Dream finally revealed all!

“Shout out to Drake and what he’s done with his career. I’m just a real student of how these things go. I remember when Drake was putting this record together. I was getting calls, after calls, after calls. I said I’ma do the record, soon as I get to a place I'ma do it. I’m on tour. Drake called like yo like this is how I want it to sound. I’m like Drake I’m going to do this record how I’m gonna do it. I’m going to give it back to you the same way you sent it with your verse….The record came out great, you know I think…. I think when the next album came along since, somebody wants to know why we never worked again, I asked him to get on a record, and he never got on the record. I’m only going to ask you once especially if I’ve already done something for you. So that went through his people directly to him, and whatever that thing was, then that was it. So that’s the end of the Drake & Dream era of a record,” said The Dream.

What are your thoughts? Was Drizzy wrong for not returning the favor in a timely fashion, or heck at all? Would you like to hear a new collaboration with Drake & The Dream in 2017?
    https://allhiphop.com/2017/06/07/peep-drake-dream-havent-collaborated-since-shut/

Ordinary Joel likes this.
    Apr 18, 2024
  2. Deadpool

Deadpool the end

Jun 8, 2017
    Always more to the story

Ordinary Joel and Poohdini like this.
    Apr 18, 2024
  3. Yoda777

Jun 8, 2017

Apr 18, 2024
  4. Poohdini

Poohdini MVP MVP

Jun 8, 2017
    true, maybe he couldn't get it in on the timeline he wanted. Shut It Down turned out great so I don't think he still would've been salty about it a year or whatever later.

Apr 18, 2024
  5. Deadpool

Deadpool the end

Jun 8, 2017
    dreams seems like he wants it on his time people got s--- to do sometimes s--- dont line up

Apr 18, 2024