Serious Did I Make the Right Choice?

Started by CavalierTD, Nov 21, 2017, in Life Add to Reading List

1. CavalierTD

CavalierTD The Pride of Pittsburgh

Nov 21, 2017
    I wanna get an opinion from my S80 fam. Today I was offered a full-time position as a stock handler at the library I work at. Currently I'm a custodian and I make 13.07 an hour, part time. The position I turned down was 11.00 an hour. Despite the fact I would make 100 dollars more a paycheck, and I would have paid vacation/sick time I decided against it. This is a purely financial decision for me. I plan to peruse another part time job and make more money then 100 extra a paycheck.

I'm very close to a full time job as a custodian where I'd make 13.07 and hour, plus a yearly raise, and benefits. It's also a Union job. My real goal is to go to study a trade (welding/carpentry) and make good money as I don't have a college degree. Personally I feel that I made the right decision because I have time to go back to school and can make more money than I would if I took this job. Opinions? (also I'm 22, long term plans aren't what I'm looking at rn)

Ordinary Joel likes this.
    Ordinary Joel likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  2. King of Kings

King of Kings Who Dey

Nov 21, 2017
    Do what u need to do, people.on here should not be your financial planner for u. I worked at bank part-time had benefits and paid vacation and quit cause the pay was s---. I left to work as a temp to hire at a major Corp with no beneifts and I had to ride a shuttle bus for a year and half and only making 2 dollars more so i can put my foot in the d--- door. I grinded and now I'm full time with benefits and like literally 70 hrs of paid vacation still left 401 k all that s---. Just do what u think works and see what happens.

Mar 28, 2024
  3. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

Nov 23, 2017
    @King of Kings is 100% right. But from what you've said in OP I can totally see why you made that decision.

Life is too short to think too long about these things, just go with what u think is best!

CavalierTD and Ordinary Joel like this.
    CavalierTD and Ordinary Joel like this.
    Mar 28, 2024