Bishop Nehru - Elevators: Act I & II [March '18]

Started by Ordinary Joel, Mar 4, 2018, in Music Add to Reading List

1. Ordinary Joel

Ordinary Joel Found a new way to flow

Mar 4, 2018
    http://pigeonsandplanes.com/news/2018/02/bishop-nehru-album-produced-by-kaytranada-mf-doom

Bishop Nehru Announces New Album Produced by Kaytranada and MF DOOM
    Bishop Nehru's 'Elevators: Act I & II' comes out in March.
    Jacob Moore
    Feb 6, 2018

[​IMG]

Bishop Nehru has been pretty quiet the last couple of years, but today the New York rapper is back with big news. He's got an album coming up, and it's produced entirely by Kaytranada and MF DOOM. The album is called Elevators, and it's packaged in two parts: Act I (ascension) and Act II (free falling).

Leading up to the project, Bishop will host private listening sessions with fans and pop-up performances in secret locations. To learn about the concept behind Elevators, watch the claymation-style trailer below, and go to Bishop Nehru's website to enter for a chance to join one of the listening sessions in New York, Toronto, Los Angeles, or the UK.

"This project is a collection of my feelings straight from my heart, all of my ideas were created specifically off of instinct and intuitive occurrences," Bishop Nehru says about Elevators. "This album is my answer to the question, 'What would you say your music sound like?' My answer to that would be 'Grammy Rap.' There's 'mumble rap' and then there's 'Grammy rap.' With this project I was largely influenced by music theory and Pet Sounds by The Beach Boys. This is my attempt at a 'rap' Pet Sounds."

0 0
    Mar 28, 2024