What's your thoughts on Jada's discog?

Started by SHUDEYE, Mar 7, 2018, in Music Add to Reading List

1. SHUDEYE

SHUDEYE Kerser is the sickest.

Mar 7, 2018
    Jada's a bit like a Big L to me, tremendous ability but I'm left wanting a little more with his discography. I love the first album, second one's alright even though it's got better reviews but I really feel like his beat selection deteriorates as it goes through - I dunno it's not poppy but I don't f--- with the style of some of the songs. I love him when he's gritty, which I feel more on the debut.

Like they're still good albums, they're not bad at all but he's seriously so f---ing good and knowing his ability I'm just wanting more in some parts of his discog.

Where you at with one of the GOATs discogs?

Ordinary Joel and nunofherdeiro like this.
    Ordinary Joel and nunofherdeiro like this.
    Apr 16, 2024
  2. Big Dangerous

Big Dangerous World Heavyweight Champion

Mar 7, 2018
    Honestly I need to listen to it more than I have. Definitely have work to do here

Ordinary Joel and SHUDEYE like this.
    Apr 16, 2024
  3. Fire Squad

Fire Squad Boss Don Biggavel

Mar 7, 2018
    Extremely boring sadly, he's someone who I really appreciate when he's doing freestyles on his old mixtapes or guest features.

He was just never capable of focusing that talent into a cohesive project--his first two albums were 20+ tracks, had he taken the best songs out of both into one project it could have been fire.

Apr 16, 2024
  4. Winter

Winter Super Comfy

Mar 7, 2018
    Jada's a great rapper in small doses but he needs needs someone else to play off or he starts to lose focus

Ordinary Joel and Fire Squad like this.
    Apr 16, 2024
  5. SHUDEYE

Mar 7, 2018
    Don't feel bad, he's one of those GOATs that for some reason I just never got around to listening to until recently. We've all got one or two of those on our resumes.

Ordinary Joel and Big Dangerous like this.
    Ordinary Joel and Big Dangerous like this.
    Apr 16, 2024
  6. SHUDEYE

Mar 7, 2018
    It really frustrates me with people like him and L where they're phenomenal but it doesn't translate into good projects. Like I don't wanna f--- around looking through guest features and loosies I just want a good LP.

Jada musically s----s on L though, his flow, rhymes and I don't know if I'd call them quotables but just consistent meaningful/smart bars are possibly as good as I've heard. Like so many lines you could pass of as legit sayings irl like they make so much sense... if that makes sense?

Apr 16, 2024
  7. Fire Squad

Fire Squad Boss Don Biggavel

Mar 7, 2018
    Yeah that's how'd I'd describe his punchlines too; quotables that could pass off as everyday sayings.

Between him, Fabolous & Lloyd Banks they simply lacked the originality and musical direction to craft a great album. Sucks for us NYers since we lacked a figure after Jay & 50 waned. Juelz Santana too actually.

Apr 16, 2024
  8. SHUDEYE

Mar 7, 2018
    Yeah, I remember when I was like 11 or 12 and hearing Santana k--- a feature and I was so excited thinking I'd found this rapper that was like the personification of a style I loved and then was really disappointed when looking into his catalogue.

Actually you're spot on with both the other too, Fab's always disappointed me. Even his recent projects which a lot people rave about don't do much for me. He's just f---ing boring and his albums are like Drake albums with all the filler. Into You is nearly my favourite song - I LOVE it. It might be harsh but I'm sure you get what I mean when I see these guys as one trick ponies musically.

Apr 16, 2024
  9. joeyp363

Mar 7, 2018
    :trash:

0 0
    Apr 16, 2024
  10. Loyalty

Loyalty we go hard on earth

Mar 8, 2018
    Loved Kiss of Death, listened to that a lot when it came out. I’ve probably heard the rest of them once through sadly.. couldn’t get into them

He’s a better feature rapper

Ordinary Joel likes this.
    Apr 16, 2024
  11. Sav Stanfield

Mar 8, 2018
    he's better with The LOX than solo. Although his albums always have a few gems, he's never put out anything great. Was probably at his best on Money Power Respect

Apr 16, 2024
  12. Jimelej

Jimelej Guest

Mar 8, 2018
    Keep ya head up came on shuffle this week and after that ive been bumpin kiss the game goodbye a lot throughout the week, really good album. however its the only album i've cared for from him solo-wise, kiss of death had some great songs but i never found myself going back to it and tbh i havent listen to his other albums, should i? I also concur with the one saying he's like lloyd banks if you go by their music ability, lyric wise he's definitely a genius but somehow he has this monotone style which makes me understand the people that thinks he is boring.

Apr 16, 2024