What's your favourite part of the world you have visited?

Started by icecube, Nov 24, 2018, in Life Add to Reading List

1. icecube

icecube West Coast is the Best Coast

Nov 24, 2018
    I've gotta say that the best place I have ever been is the Mexican Riviera. Went there for 2 weeks for our honeymoon 7 years ago. It was the first time we had experienced the heat of the Caribbean and will never forget that intensity!

But it also had the perfect mix of Rest & Relaxation, sight seeing and andrenaline. Just lying by the pool all day drinking cocktails, to exploring the Mayan ruins including one of the 7 Wonders of the World. And the parks that have the zip lines, 4x4 safaris and jet skis.

Literal paradise!

We thought it would be a once in a lifetime time experience but we ended up there the following year again .Only for a week though (I wouldn't suggest a 10+ hour flight for a week).

We've got our holidays booked for 2019 and 2020 but will be looking to go back there for our 10 year anniversary in 2021. Absolutely amazing place.

What's your favourite place in the world and why?

Apr 20, 2024
  2. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

Nov 24, 2018
    Miami or Curacao. Going w Miami though.

Why? It has it all for me

- clean beaches
    - spanish/latin influences
    - ocean drive w spanish and trap music
    - beautiful city/downtown
    - the islands
    - american influences
    - club LIV

I can go on. The experience was amazing. Still gonna visit LA/SF and other cities though. As well as other parts of the world.

Apr 20, 2024
  3. icecube

Nov 25, 2018
    Nice. I've never been to any coastal areas of America before. Only got as far as Chicago and Detroit on business. One day!

Buddha and Michael Myers like this.
    Buddha and Michael Myers like this.
    Apr 20, 2024
  4. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

Nov 25, 2018
    Are you from US? As an European I wanted the beach/latin influence and the USA and Miami is a perfect combination of that!

0 0
    Apr 20, 2024
  5. Do0MiNaToR

Nov 25, 2018
    Haven't traveled that much. I'm from Greece so for the most part I visited the country's islands. I've also been to Poland (Warsaw & Krakow), Romania (Bucharest) and I currently live in Manchester. If you want a summer destination I suggest either Milos or Santorini (Greek Islands) and for the winter Krakow was awesome. So many places to see, nice buildings and great history

Michael Myers likes this.
    Apr 20, 2024
  6. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

Nov 25, 2018
    Thanks for those, I've been to most south european countries (spain, france, italy, portugal) but never been to Greece. Always figured Kreta or Kos were the best but Milos and Santorini are better?

0 0
    Apr 20, 2024
  7. marshmallow

Nov 25, 2018
    And how do you like it

0 0
    Apr 20, 2024
  8. Do0MiNaToR

Nov 25, 2018
    Well Santorini is probably the most unique island in terms of how it is built and the places you can see. Its probably the island that is used the most in the promotional postcards for Greece. It is kinda bad in terms of beaches (the waters are deep and the beaches not the most beautiful) but yeah, it is probably the most unique island we have. As far as Milos is concered, its beaches are probably the best in Greece. I suggest you do an island tour if you go (you circle the island with a boat), as it will give you access to many hidden gems.

Kreta is good as well depending on the place you visit (it is huge). I suggest Chania for the best overall experience. Unfortunately I've never been to Kos so I don't have an opinion on this.

Keep in mind that all of these islands are, let's say, calm, family (Kreta) or couples (Santorin, Milos) oriented. Depending on your age and your appetite for partying you may want to check out Mykonos or Ios but I suggest those two only if you like to get really drunk and party, without caring about other things.

Apr 20, 2024
  9. Do0MiNaToR

Nov 25, 2018
    You mean Krakow & Warsaw? It was my first trip abroad so the memories are font. I was impressed with the tall buildings and beautiful skyline of Warsaw (first metropolis I ever saw), but what won my heart was Krakow. The castle-like environment and the rich WW2 history of the place made me feel very humbled. I also visited the Salt Mines which was the closest thing I've seen to Lord of The Rings Moria.

0 0
    Apr 20, 2024
  10. icecube

Nov 25, 2018
    UK. So seen most of Europe. Stop lots more to see though!

Apr 20, 2024