Can we address a problem with 21 Savage's lyrics?

Started by Tyler F u c k i n g Waves, Dec 23, 2018, in Music Add to Reading List

1. Tyler F u c k i n g Waves

Tyler F u c k i n g Waves Discord Refugee

Dec 23, 2018
    Hey guys, so I love the new 21 savage album and I like how he has a evolved as an artist, especially recently which how much more introspective he has become. However I have an issue with one of his lyrics and nobody else seems to be talking about it.

On the song “10 freaky girls”, on Metro Boomin’s album “NOT ALL HEROES WEAR CAPES”, on the first verse, Savage says “Not checkers, this chess”, implying that checkers is the easier game. However, as president of the American Checkers Association and 5X National champion, that couldn’t be further from the truth:

The first thing chess players will say is chess is way more complex than checkers. There are more pieces on the board, all squares can be used and the pieces have different functions and ways of moving. Yes, chess is obviously a more complex game, but what they fail to realize is, checkers is extremely complex too! It is like comparing your chances in the water with a 30 foot killer whale (chess) or a 15 foot great white shark (checkers). Yea the great white is smaller and less intelligent, but I got news for you, you aren't going to survive against the great white either nor even have a chance. While computers have arguably mastered checkers completely, humans have never come close, not even the great Tinsely. It is very dumb when people say why play checkers when the game has already been solved. So chess is more complex, so what? To play a game of checkers at the master level takes every amount of critical thinking as a chess game does.

Another thing is, checkers is obviously played at a much higher level than chess because it is less complex. Therefore, your margin for error in a checker game is a lot less than what it is in a chess game. You make an obvious losing move against a high level master player in checkers and it is just about over. While you still need to be extremely careful in a chess game against a great player, you are still going to have more margin of error than in a game against a great checkers player.

What is really easier about checkers? The rules. There are less rules in checkers and is therefore an easier game to play. But every bit as difficult and challenging to play at a high level as a chess game.

Mar 28, 2024
  2. Ricky

Ricky Hip-Hop CEO ™

Dec 23, 2018
    First world problems.

Mar 28, 2024
  3. Tyler F u c k i n g Waves

Tyler F u c k i n g Waves Discord Refugee

Dec 23, 2018
    im sure if the people in the 3rd world could understand they would have a problem with it too

Mar 28, 2024
  4. Ricky

Ricky Hip-Hop CEO ™

Dec 23, 2018
    3rd world people would love to have problems like that tbh, this or starvation

Mar 28, 2024
  5. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

Dec 23, 2018
    Good to have u back bro!

didn't read the post ofc

Mar 28, 2024