Serious Do You Believe The Mass Attacks On The News Everyday Is How Life Has Always Been Or Something New?

Started by 831's Finest, Dec 2, 2019, in Life Add to Reading List

Are The Mass Attacks On the News...

1. The Way It’s Always Been

75.0%
  2. A Sign of The Times

25.0%
  1. 831's Finest

831's Finest West Side Gentleman

Dec 2, 2019
    With the constant news of either mass shootings/stabbing/bombings at schools, churches, homes, out in public, etc., it makes me wonder if the past was ever this bad. I can’t remember this many stories of shootings in the 90s or 2000s, but access to all these stories back then in such a fast rate may not have been possible. If you think it’s just life as it’s always been with these attacks, I’d like to see those stats. If you think it’s a sign of the times, what do you think is the major cause of so much chaotic nature around the world? Interested in hearing opinions on this.

0 0
    Apr 19, 2024
  2. Alchemist34

Alchemist34 DO MY HEAD

Dec 2, 2019

a lot of people say this but how many of us followed the news in the 90s or early 2000s? I followed pokemon news in the 90s. Anyway depends if you're talking about the U.S only or the world

Mass shootings in the U.S actually have increased a lot in the past 20 years but at the same time homicide by firearms have decreased. Basically America is less violent now than in the past if you go by pure numbers. I think the reason it seems worse now is because a lot if not most firearm homicides in the 70s/80s/90s were your typical ghetto shootings or gangs etc especially in black and latino communities. Since the 2000s those have decreased but you've got an increase in mass shootings. And not to sound like a SJW the reason it feels like the end of times now for a lot of americans is because shootings "in the ghetto" is supposed to be normal, that's just what happens in poor areas haha classic black ppl and mexicans fuelling with the drug trade etc. But mass shootings, now you've got civilized America taking hits. White college students aren't supposed to die. A family in a wealthy predominantly white town isn't supposed to get shot while at the mall. People who aren't from housing projects from "dangerous" towns aren't to get mowed down while enjoying a leisurely concert in Vegas. Not to mention a lot of cases the shooter is a white guy with otherwise no criminal history.

Why would a young well behaved white boy from a good family and a good town massacre high schoolers? Sure, it's unfortunate when kids and teenagers from some s-----y projects in baltimore or chicago get killed, but it was usually a drug matter or something so yea I don't have much sympathy for criminals. But Stoneman Douglas High School? The math doesn't add up. Clearly this is a sign of the times. This must be the apocalypse. The world has never been such a brutal place since the dawn of civilization 10,000 years ago and all the wars and chaos in the world since then, NOTHING compares to whats happening in MURICA the past few years

Ordinary Joel, Mimi, Evad and 2 others like this.
    Ordinary Joel, Mimi, Evad and 2 others like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  3. joeyp363

Dec 2, 2019
    #MAGA2020

0 0
    Apr 19, 2024
  4. Enigma

Enigma Civil liberties > Police safety

Dec 3, 2019
    In terms of overall violence, we are living in one of the if not the most peaceful time period in human history. I think the expansion of media in terms of television, the internet & social media has made violent acts much more obvious so it may seem more prevalent but it’s not.

now when you start talking about specific acts of violence like mass shootings, that is a relatively more recent phenomenon. At least in the U.S. pre-1990, mass shootings weren’t as frequent as they are today. You can probably tie that to a ton of things: accessibility of firearms; socioeconomic status; mental health; etc. Even Terrorism as we know it today is a relatively new phenomenon. There’s not much academic literature regarding terrorism pre-1970.

To answer your question: there’s always been violence & there have certainly been more violent time periods in human history but the specific types of violence you’re referring to are somewhat new & are becoming more frequent for a variety of societal factors.

Ordinary Joel, Mimi and 831's Finest like this.
    Ordinary Joel, Mimi and 831's Finest like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  5. 831's Finest

831's Finest West Side Gentleman

Dec 3, 2019
    I would say this thread is based on the world, but in America, the shootings have gotten much more PUBLIC. But does the attention reflect how violent it’s actually gotten or is it overblown?

0 0
    Apr 19, 2024
  6. Alchemist34

Alchemist34 DO MY HEAD

Dec 3, 2019
    it’s also the definition of terrorism that excludes civilian deaths from conventional military campaigns. Like “terrorism” became a thing in Europe since the IRA from like the 70s-90s and since then it’s been islamic terrorism on the rise. But you had a much higher chance of getting slaughtered in Europe during the wars and not just the world wars. Pre modern warfare consisted of entire cities getting sacked and massacred from armies or supporters (who’d be considered terrorists now) of other states/ideologies when conquered which sums up most of european history.
    And when you’re the one getting killed, you don’t really distinguish between conventional warfare or terrorism you’re still dying. We’ve only recently started separating the two and suddenly have a “new” phenomenon but it’s still a bit artificial. If we hadn’t then all those IRA attacks would just be considered part of the war between Irish separatists and the U.K. All the isis attacks would just be considered part of the war in Syria. 9/11 would just be another attack by foreign forces like the bombing of Dresden. The Paris attacks in reality was the Syrian war (that France was involved in) reaching French soil. Terrorism wouldn’t even “exist” if we hadn’t started applying different definitions to acts of warfare. Killing specifically civilians is a tactic to intimidate the enemy or facilitate chaos in the enemies society, or when your forces are too weak to take on enemy forces head on.

All are classic warfare tactics we’ve since abandoned when we started talking about war crimes and humanitarian stuff, conveniently excluding collateral damage because semantics. Just not everyone abandoned them

if you forget all the terminologies, we’re at war with Islamic forces and the isis campaign and attacks in Europe was a weak a--- counter attack by the enemy

Ordinary Joel, Zeugma and Enigma like this.
    Ordinary Joel, Zeugma and Enigma like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  7. Alchemist34

Alchemist34 DO MY HEAD

Dec 3, 2019
    well like i said numbers show its gotten less violent overall but school shootings have in fact increased and that has more shock value/media coverage

0 0
    Apr 19, 2024
  8. Enigma

Enigma Civil liberties > Police safety

Dec 3, 2019
    Yeah I really don’t like the word “terrorist” for this particular reason: it’s all based on perspective. The reasons behind labeling certain groups “terrorists” & others not are entirely political & therefore subject to change based on whose lens you’re looking through. The founding fathers of the United States were terrorists to the British but history doesn’t portray them in that way.

The way in which we treat groups/people labeled as “terrorists” is particularly cruel as well. We basically wipe away all their human rights; torture them; don’t provide them due process or legal representation. One word essentially reduces you to subhuman. That’s why when I hear American politicians refer to Antifa or Cartels or g--- members in general as “terrorists;” it’s particularly alarming to me.

Ordinary Joel likes this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  9. dna hits

Dec 3, 2019
    Lol p----. You’d s--- your pants just driving through Baltimore. Yeah there has been mass murders over the drug trade since the early mafia days. It’s business. Don’t get in the business if you don’t want shot or ever want to s---t it out. Liberals blow s--- out of proportion.

0 0
    Apr 19, 2024
  10. GCasper

Dec 3, 2019
    I think the media makes it worse than it actually is. But the main factor at play is the fact, in my personal opinion, is that there are too many guns available to the wrong people. I believe I read that there is currently more guns that have been produced than the population number. Also, guns have gotten so more advanced than they used to, which makes them easier to be more accurate and just overall easier to use to the novice user. I personally don't see a point in anyone being able to own any kind of automatic weapon. People use the excuse of, "Protecting us from a government tyranny!!!!!". Let me break your heart, if any government wants to k--- us, it will be done by: 1.Bomb 2.Water 3.Food 4.Diseases 5.Air....etc. Nothing any gun you own is going to save you from. Reality check. My corrective action is to just stop the production of guns all together or at least limit the amount produced to civilians per year.

0 0
    Apr 19, 2024
  11. GCasper

Dec 3, 2019

0 0
    Apr 19, 2024
  12. Alchemist34

Alchemist34 DO MY HEAD

Dec 3, 2019
    I don't get what point you're trying to make I mean I agree there's been mass murders since mafia days and even before

Apr 19, 2024
  13. Lucy

Lucy #1

Dec 3, 2019
    Me grug collect shiniest rocks for many suns. Have big collection and many size rocks. Tarskin tribe and long nose tribe always ask me where I keep rock. One day grug say to long nose tribe big hunt bring back mammoth meat for whole tribe. Grug didn't realise long nose tribe are Berry pickers and make stomach roar from not enough mammoth meat. Long nose tribe tell tarskin tribe about mammoth feast, shiny rocks and beautiful grugettes. While grug was feasting tarskin tribe come our tribe, club every grug and lift loin cloth to put mammoth trunks inside grugettes. Next day we go to tarskin tribe and burn their village down. Then we go long nose tribe and make them eat brontosaurus mud while stealing their grugettes and taking back to our village. Grug then see sandskin tribe grug walking nearby so club him for fun and show new grugettes me strong to turn head into red mud with club

0 0
    Apr 19, 2024
  14. Alchemist34

Alchemist34 DO MY HEAD

Dec 3, 2019
    police phone convo transcript of abo m--- heads speaking in code?

Lucy likes this.
    Lucy likes this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  15. Lucy

Lucy #1

Dec 3, 2019
    Lmfao, caveman speak so you are Not wrong

0 0
    Apr 19, 2024