Mixing by MichaelsMad

Started by MichaelsMad, Jul 20, 2020, in Creative Add to Reading List

1. MichaelsMad

Jul 20, 2020
    Im telling yall.....yall need to be letting me mix and master your songs. Past couple months I've been working with 2 legit engineers who have helped me step my mixing and mastering game up. its made me mad that I've released 3 singles already that could of been better with what I'm doing now. I've been having a hard time trying to build a client base, so if anyone takes me up on this I'll mix half of the song and show you a preview and if you don't like it cool, and if you do ill finish it up. Im gonna go bottom of the barrel with 25 bucks a song. anything i mix and master for you will also be for streaming services standards if you plan to put them on spotify/apple music etc. So your song will be at a -14 LUFS level. I know a lot of people complain about their songs being "turned down" by spotify and apple music, but it's really because their engineers or themselves aren't mastering it for the platform. But i can also give you louder masters for CD's. Youll get the MP3 and WAV files, and for a little bit more i could also send you the Pro Tools file session and youll also get revisions to the mix.

So if you're interested or know any artist who may be interested let me know, like i said ill mix half of it upfront and preview it for you, so nothing to lose. lets have a conversation about how you'd like the finished song to sound and let me help you get it there. I'm hoping if this RONA bs dies off this year i can make the move to Memphis to work in the studio of the engineer I've been working with, and id like to practice as much as i can with artist before then.

also just to drag him into it, @Rick James has seen a few things recently ive turned around for people and made it a night and day difference for them lol.

FiveOh1, Ordinary Joel and Ricky like this.
    FiveOh1, Ordinary Joel and Ricky like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  2. icecube

icecube West Coast is the Best Coast

Jul 20, 2020
    Could pitch tbh, well done.

It would be cool if you re-mastered one of your existing songs and then showed a "before and after" type thing so people can hear exactly what you mean.

Ordinary Joel, Ricky and MichaelsMad like this.
    Ordinary Joel, Ricky and MichaelsMad like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  3. Ricky

Ricky Hip-Hop CEO ™

Jul 20, 2020
    I can confirm, my mans Michael is an expert comparing to us, mixing peasants. He's dedicated so he can pull off some great mixes. It's worth your money.

Ordinary Joel and MichaelsMad like this.
    Ordinary Joel and MichaelsMad like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  4. MichaelsMad

Jul 20, 2020
    @icecube thats a good idea, I might do that. im pretty satisfied with Target Practice for the most part, esp considering the environment i recorded it in and what i had at the time. Character flaw is balanced well, i just wish i waited to recorded it since i have a new mic that im in love with. My real issue is with Naked, i think i should of had the vocals back in the mix more instead of so upfront, and i wish i wouldve changed my choice of compressors, its mostly just "taste" things that id change. but overall I dont think they sound bad or anything.

@Rick James i appreciate it bro, im by no means an expert tho lol, im just obsessive and spend my time learning and tweaking things, and im picky and hear s--- that most ppl dont i think, you understand that tho bc you over analyze your s--- like i do lol.

Good mixes start with a good recording above all else. i Never thought i was going to enjoy mixing as much as i do. although i kind of like mixing other peoples stuff more than my own because i have such an outlandish bar i set for myself bc writing is my favorite part it always has been and will be. i wrote my first rhyme when i was 9. so sometimes i get stressed trying to make sure the performance and mix are as good as the writing. So if i mix other peoples songs, that pressure isnt there and i can enjoy the song they sent me and make it pop lol

Ordinary Joel likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  5. The Moon Man

The Moon Man Out of my mind

Jul 20, 2020
    I do a lot of spoken word stuff and was thinking of putting it to music but have no idea how to make it fit or sound half decent, maybe we can figure something out.

Mar 28, 2024