Film The Crime of the Century

Started by DKC, May 21, 2021, in Entertainment Add to Reading List

1. DKC

DKC hank trill

May 21, 2021
    This is technically TV because it's split into two parts, but imo it's just a really long doc they split in two for the plebs.

The Crime of the Century is a doc on HBO that tells the nitty gritty details of the opioid epidemic and the people who caused it. A must watch for everyone imo...it's sickening and depraved on so many levels, not only the complete apathy of the pharmaceutical companies but the PURPOSEFUL actions they took to try to get people addicted for life.

I was talking to @Sign Language about this a few days ago saying that people like these pharm execs almost want to make me rethink my position on the death penalty lol. Wouldn't lose a second of sleep if they were brought before the firing squad.

CC: @Wreckless @Ricky @Enigma since we were talking about big pharma in the COVID thread

Mar 28, 2024
  2. Enigma

Enigma Civil liberties > Police safety

May 21, 2021
    Interesting...I’ll have to watch it. There’s a good docuseries on Netflix called “Dirty Money.” One of the episodes in Season 1 is about the drug company Valeant & it’s ridiculously fast growth which led to a bunch of controversy including huge spikes in life-saving drugs. Great series that y’all should watch!!

Ordinary Joel, 1999 and DKC like this.
    Ordinary Joel, 1999 and DKC like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  3. DKC

DKC hank trill

May 21, 2021
    That sounds super interesting, I'll def peep!

Ordinary Joel likes this.
    Ordinary Joel likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024