Eminem Mickey Redmond recalls his run-in with Eminem after seeing Eminem banner during Red Wings game

Started by Gustavo Jax, Oct 25, 2021, in Eminem Add to Reading List

1. Gustavo Jax

Oct 25, 2021
    [​IMG]

Lucas Raymond continued his spectacular rookie season, delivering a 4-point performance for the Detroit Red Wings.

Raymond became the first Wings player aged 19 or younger to score a hat trick since Steve Yzerman on April 30, 1985. Raymond, drafted by Yzerman, also set up a goal by Tyler Bertuzzi as the Wings topped the Chicago Blackhawks, 6-3.

It was only the sixth game of Raymond’s career. He has four goals and three assists in that span.

During the game, a fan was spotted holding up a “The only good thing about Detroit is Eminem” banner which brought commentator Mickey Redmond on a mood to remember an encounter with Eminem: “One time he signed a picture for me at parking lot of my hostel. He signed it and Eminem didn’t know who I was and I didn’t know who he was.

When he signed a picture, Tony laughed his butt off and said ‘I thought his name was Marshall Mathers’ but it was his alter ago, Slim Shady. I know you are watching tonight’s game, Eminem!”

You can watch the video below:

Ladies and gents, Bally Sports Detroit is happy to present to you…
    Mickey Redmond and the Ballad of Slim Shady.#LGRW | @DetroitRedWings | @Eminem pic.twitter.com/TG7LpVS7Qn

— Bally Sports Detroit (@BallySportsDET) October 25, 2021

asvdawg, D12Shady, Marsh and 2 others like this.
    asvdawg, D12Shady, Marsh and 2 others like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  2. The Lyricvore

The Lyricvore shangri la frontier

Oct 27, 2021
    So he signed “slim shady” And didn’t realize marshal mathers and slim shady are the same…

And he’s a grown man from Detroit?

Gustavo Jax likes this.
    Gustavo Jax likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024