PRODUCER CLAIMS IRV GOTTI STOLE HIS BEATS FOR A DMX ALBUM - What’s My Name Single

Started by Detroit24, Jan 19, 2022, in Music Add to Reading List

1. Detroit24

Jan 19, 2022

Irv took credit for the ‘What’s My Name?’ record. He didn’t do nothing on that beat,” Self said, before accusing other big-name producers of doing the same. “Puff did it, Irv did it and Jermaine Dupri — n-ggas with them names, they were getting beats from other n-ggas. Dre did it.”

Self Service went onto reveal he was willing to give Irv Gotti a smaller percentage because he did eventually bring the menacing beat to DMX for him to record over.

50 percent goes to the writer and 50 goes to the writer of the music and he took 25,” Self continued. “He didn’t do nothing to the beat. I’ll make that beat right now. He been getting 25 percent of my publishing for that record and that was 20 years ago. He gets the same s--- that I get for nothing.

“I would’ve gave him something because the opportunity was through him, but you still gotta ask me. Don’t just initiate it because you the A&R… I never was in the studio when [DMX] did the record… I never had a relationship with X.”

Ordinary Joel and J630 like this.
    Ordinary Joel and J630 like this.
    Apr 26, 2024