L.A. Reid Addresses Bobby Shmurda, Epic Records Not Bailing Him Out

Started by Ordinary Joel, Oct 16, 2015, in Music Add to Reading List

1. Ordinary Joel

Ordinary Joel Found a new way to flow

Oct 16, 2015
    Article Source: BallerStatus - http://www.ballerstatus.com/2015/10...as-case-epic-records-not-bailing-him-out-gs9/

By BallerStatus Staff / Published 10/15/2015

[​IMG]

Bobby Shmurda has been incarcerated since last December for a number of charges, ranging from weapons to murder. With a $2 million bail set, his label Epic Records has received backlash for not stepping up to help.

Well, label head L.A. Reid broke his silence on the matter this week, during an interview on theRapRadar Podcast.

"People don't know anything about my business, right? It's really not their business," Reid said. "That's the truth about it, right? We're not elected officials here. And we're not at liberty to disclose how we do business. It's fair practice, I can tell you that. But, it's not the industry that it once was. We seriously don't make the money we used to make. That's a fact of life, right?

"Bobby Shmurda is not the same as Snoop Dogg and Murder Was The Case, who's coming off The Chronic and his first album," he continued. "It's a different era, ya know? And, we're a publicly held corporation. We just aren't in the same position we were in back in those days. So, it's a different day."

Later, Reid reflects on signing Shmurda, and despite his current predicament, is hopeful for the rapper's future.

"I'm crazy about that kid and I think about him often," Reid said. "And I feel like, ya know, his better days are ahead of him. I do believe that. And I think it's unfortunate what has taken place."

0 0
    Mar 29, 2024