Rhymefest: Chief Keef's Being Exploited Because He's Autistic

Started by Ordinary Joel, Oct 22, 2015, in Music Add to Reading List

1. Ordinary Joel

Ordinary Joel Found a new way to flow

Oct 22, 2015
    Article Source: VladTV - http://www.vladtv.com/article/214952/rhymefest-chief-keefs-being-exploited-because-hes-autistic

By: Jessica Todd
    Oct 21, 2015 10:30 PM

[​IMG]

Rhymefest has had a hand in writing some of the biggest hip-hop songs of the past decade, including Kanye West's "Jesus Walks," and the Chicago native recently shared his thoughts on violent lyrics. The writer and emcee told The Daily Beast that there needs to be more of a focus on positive lyrics in rap, and he pointed to Chief Keef, a fellow Chicago artist, whom Rhymefest believes is being exploited.

"I think many rappers these days have afflictions, such as Asperger's, bipolar disorder, or autism. They need advocates, but we turn it into entertainment. The media is turning autism into entertainment. When I look at Chief Keef, I clearly see someone who has autism. Look at the way his face is structured, or his insensitivity to violence. He needs an advocate. But someone put him out there and exploited that child."

Speaking about his own writing, Rhymefest revealed that he's uncredited on a lot of songs he's written for Kanye. He explained, "I've written for all of Kanye's albums with the exception of 808s & Heartbreak. There are a lot of songs that my name isn't even on."

He also added, "I think sometimes people get to a point where they're so busy—'I'm doing fashion, I'm doing this, I'm doing that'—that you lose focus with the foundation of what it is. I think sometimes we... we have so many things, that we're just trying to keep our things, so we lose track of the fact that it wasn't about the things. You shouldn't be trying to keep the things, you should be trying to make new things."

Ricky likes this.
    Ricky likes this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  2. WPG

WPG sxn80 Rory Gilmore

Oct 22, 2015
    was just talking with someone about this article. what an utterly f---ing moronic thing to say. f--- rhymefest.

Ricky and Ordinary Joel like this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  3. Ordinary Joel

Oct 22, 2015
    Yep. The jab at Keef was totally unnecessary and downright idiotic.

Ricky likes this.
    Ricky likes this.
    Mar 29, 2024
  4. Pato v3

Pato v3 exilio

Oct 22, 2015
    lol what

Mar 29, 2024
  5. Ordinary Joel

Oct 22, 2015
    Rhymefest probably thinks Autism and Down Syndrome are synonymous with one another if he thinks facial structure has anything to do with it.

Ricky likes this.
    Ricky likes this.
    Mar 29, 2024