Wrestling WWE Smackdown Live Presents: Backlash (LIVE NOW!)

Started by tomroe93, May 21, 2017, in Sports Add to Reading List

1. tomroe93

May 21, 2017
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    WWE Championship
    Randy Orton (c) vs Jinder Mahal

In a stunning turn of events, one of SmackDown LIVE’s newest threats, Jinder Mahal, earned the right to challenge WWE Champion Randy Orton at WWE Backlash.

Yes, one week after joining the blue brand as part of the Superstar Shake-up, Mahal overcame Dolph Ziggler, Sami Zayn, Luke Harper, Erick Rowan and Mojo Rawley in an explosive WWE Championship No. 1 Contender’s Six-Pack Challenge – thanks in part to some surprising help from The Singh Brothers, also known as The Bollywood Boyz.

Now, as he prepares for his first title match in WWE, The Maharajah, who poses a very real threat to WWE’s Apex Predator, is no doubt hungry to prove his glory.

When the smoke clears from Randy Orton's WWE Backlash showdown, will the dangerous Jinder Mahal be wearing the WWE Title around his waist? Or will The Viper strike at the heart of his No. 1 contender's hopes and dreams? Find out tonight at 8 ET/5 PT, streaming live on the WWE Network

[​IMG]
    WWE Smackdown Tag Team Championships
    The Usos (c) vs Breezango

At WWE Backlash, the charismatic combination of Tyler Breeze & Fandango will attempt to unseat The Usos and capture their first SmackDown Tag Team Championship.

Since Jimmy & Jey Uso began their third tag team title reign back in March, every one of the blue brand’s top tandems – both those already entrenched in Team Blue’s locker room and those that came to Tuesday nights in the Superstar Shake-up – have been clamoring for an opportunity at the Samoan titleholders.

Perhaps nowhere did this tension manifest itself more than when Breezango outlasted American Alpha, The Colons and The Ascension in a high-pressure No. 1 Contender’s Beat the Clock Challenge on the April 25 edition of SmackDown LIVE. Clearly, The Fashion Police are hungrier than ever to achieve tag team glory.

Still, while Breezango are gearing up for one of the most important matches of their SmackDown LIVE careers, The Usos are out to remind both the WWE Universe and the locker room of their dominance. The high-flying brothers have been on an absolute tear of late, refusing to let anyone take what is theirs.

Who will emerge from WWE Backlash with the SmackDown Tag Team Championship? Find out tonight at 8 ET/5 PT, streaming live on the award-wining WWE Network

[​IMG]
    WWE United States Championship
    Kevin Owens (c) vs AJ Styles

Both Kevin Owens and AJ Styles seem to be driven by the profound belief that SmackDown LIVE centers around them. Now, at WWE Backlash, the new United States Champion will go head-to-head against The Phenomenal One in a showdown that could very well settle that debate.

Since journeying to Team Blue in last summer’s Brand Extension Draft, AJ Styles has arguably built Tuesday night’s hottest show into the powerhouse brand it has become. And after overcoming Baron Corbin and Sami Zayn in an explosive Triple Threat No. 1 Contender’s Match on April 11, the elite Superstar has been counting down the days until he can get the illustrious United States Title around his waist. However, before he could find out who he would face for the title, two former friends turned bitter enemies would have to settle an epic dispute, born on Monday Night Raw.

The immensely bitter rivalry between Kevin Owens and Chris Jericho has seen the U.S. Title change hands several times. First, Owens took it from his adversary at WrestleMania and brought the illustrious prize to Team Blue in the Superstar Shake-up. Then, Jericho recaptured the title at WWE Payback, a win that brought him to SmackDown LIVE as well. Finally, in the rubber match on the May 2 edition of the blue brand, “The New Face of America” reclaimed the red, white and blue title and the stage was set for his WWE Backlash showdown against Styles.

Though now in Owens’ grasp, one thing is for certain: The United States Champion will be in immediate danger. As one of the best Superstars in the squared circle today, Styles is no doubt looking to add the U.S. Title to his incredible list of accolades.

What will happen when AJ Styles challenges Kevin Owens for the United States Title at WWE Backlash? Find out tonight at 8 ET/5 PT, streaming live on the award-wining WWE Network.

[​IMG]
    Shinsuke Nakamura vs Dolph Ziggler
    At WWE Backlash, Dolph Ziggler will go head-to-head against The Artist Known as Shinsuke Nakamura when The King of Strong Style makes his highly-anticipated SmackDown LIVE debut.

Since emerging on the blue brand two nights after WrestleMania, Shinsuke Nakamura has been electrifying Tuesday nights without competing in a single match. But that will all change at WWE Backlash when the former two-time NXT Champion will make his in-ring SmackDown LIVE debut against an irate Dolph Ziggler.

Over the past month, Ziggler’s resentment has been building over the very idea of Nakamura. He has watched the way the WWE Universe has responded to the emerging Superstar and feels that the fans’ praise for him has been undeserved, to say the least. Now on a mission to paint The Artist as overrated, The Showoff will stop at nothing to make his opponent’s momentum a thing of the past.

Will Ziggler stop The Artist in his tracks at SmackDown LIVE’s first pay-per-view since The Ultimate Thrill Ride? Or will Nakamura use the showdown to catapult himself into blue brand greatness? Find out on WWE Backlash, streaming live on WWE Network tonight at 8 ET/5 PT.

[​IMG]
    Naomi, Charlotte Flair, & Becky Lynch vs Natalya, Carmella, & Tamina
    The self-styled “Welcoming Committee” is about to get an introduction of their own to SmackDown LIVE’s newest alliance — however tentative it might be.

SmackDown Women’s Champion Naomi, Charlotte Flair & Becky Lynch will officially join forces against the sinister collective of Natalya, Carmella & Tamina at WWE Backlash, forming an alliance that is as tenuous as it is potentially dominant. The self-styled “Welcoming Committee” has been running roughshod over Team Blue since the Superstar Shake-up, thwarting Charlotte’s bid for the SmackDown Women’s Title and later causing a ruckus that led to Natalya defeating Becky when SmackDown LIVE emanated from London.

Luckily, The Irish Lass Kicker saw the game the “Welcoming Committee” played and proposed that she, The Queen and The SmackDown Women’s Champion form an alliance at WWE Backlash. Of course, a team between a champion, her most recent challenger and a wild card isn’t exactly the most ironclad of alliances, especially against a trio that seems h----bent on causing chaos and maneuvering themselves to the front of the line. But it might just be crazy enough to get the job done. Now all they need is a cool name.

Tune in to see which team prevails on WWE Backlash, streaming live at 8pm ET/5pm PT on WWE Network tonight.

[​IMG]
    Sami Zayn vs Baron Corbin
    Prepare yourself for all-out war when Sami Zayn goes one-on-one against Baron Corbin at WWE Backlash tonight, streaming live on WWE Network.

It seems as if Zayn and Corbin have been on a collision course ever since The Underdog from the Underground journeyed to the blue brand as part of April’s Superstar Shake-up. This was perhaps most evident when The Lone Wolf suddenly and ruthlessly attacked Zayn from behind during an episode of WWE Talking Smack several weeks ago. While the relentless Superstar was suspended for a week for shoving an official, true justice would be served on the May 9 edition of SmackDown LIVE when Zayn answered back with an attack of his own.

As the conflict reached a boiling point, Zayn officially requested - and soon received - a chance to tame The Lone Wolf in a matchup with Corbin at WWE Backlash. Before Zayn could fully elaborate on his strategy for that showdown, however, Corbin unleashed another vicious onslaught and seized important momentum heading into Sunday’s per-per-view.

Find out what will happen when two of Team Blue’s toughest competitors square off, streaming live tonight at 8 ET/5 PT on WWE Network.

[​IMG]
    Tye Dillinger vs Aiden English
    The Perfect 10 is looking for three in a row tonight, as Tye Dillinger battles Aiden English at WWE Backlash Kickoff, streaming live on the award-winning WWE Network and on a free stream on WWE.com, the WWE App, YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Pinterest, presented by Mountain Dew Kickstart.

After running afoul of The Drama King on SmackDown LIVE, Dillinger has doubled down in victories against the artistically-inclined Superstar, the most recent having left such a lasting impact on English that he broke down in tears in the middle of the ring. Following Renee Young's WWE.com announcement that the two would meet again at WWE Backlash Kickoff, The beloved Perfect 10 will clearly look to ride his wave of momentum to a third win, while The Artiste, still brooding (as all artists do) following his losses, will look to bring the curtain down on Dillinger’s fairytale story.

Tune in to see which Superstar will take a victorious bow at WWE Backlash Kickoff, streaming live tonight on the award-winning WWE Network and on a free stream on WWE.com, the WWE App, YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Pinterest

[​IMG]
    Luke Harper vs Erick Rowan
    Luke Harper will battle his former Wyatt Family “brother” Erick Rowan at WWE Backlash in a match that proves that family divides can certainly be … strange.

The former disciples of Bray Wyatt battled on SmackDown LIVE last week in a hard-hitting contest that Rowan won. However, after an utterly bizarre appearance on WWE Network’s Talking Smack, Rowan adamantly stated that the punishment he inflicted upon Harper was not enough and that he wanted to inflict more pain at WWE Backlash. After Rowan seriously disturbed Talking Smack hosts Renee Young and SmackDown LIVE Commissioner Shane McMahon, he was granted the return contest.

Will Rowan double down on his destruction against Harper at WWE Backlash? Or will Harper even the score as this sadistic “sibling” rivalry continues on the Team Blue exclusive event?

Find out at WWE Backlash, streaming live on WWE Network tonight.​

Big Dangerous and Alpha like this.
    Big Dangerous and Alpha like this.
    Apr 16, 2024
  2. Alpha

Alpha

May 21, 2017

0 0
    Apr 16, 2024
  3. dna hits

May 21, 2017
    I'm actually somewhat anticipating this show tonight. I hope Randy retains. Idk who I want to win between Owens and Aj. I could see Aj winning making Owens go for the wwe championship instead but I think Styles is too good to be United States champion. Idk what plan they have for that match.

Some other decent matches I see and some I will skip.

0 0
    Apr 16, 2024
  4. Big Dangerous

Big Dangerous World Heavyweight Champion

May 21, 2017
    I hope the main event doesn't have a Jobber in it

That's embarassing

Sign Language likes this.
    Apr 16, 2024
  5. Sign Language

Sign Language We miss you Screw

May 21, 2017
    I got a bad feeling about this ppv

Big Dangerous likes this.
    Apr 16, 2024
  6. Kon

Kon

May 21, 2017
    Maybe they have Owens AJ main event instead, who knows.

Sign Language and Big Dangerous like this.
    Sign Language and Big Dangerous like this.
    Apr 16, 2024
  7. Sign Language

May 21, 2017
    AJ needs to be back in the world title picture

Apr 16, 2024
  8. tomroe93

May 21, 2017
    Just got in from work, have I missed anything on the pre-show?

Big Dangerous and Sign Language like this.
    Apr 16, 2024
  9. tomroe93

May 21, 2017
    I think Booker has a crush on Rowan

Apr 16, 2024
  10. Sign Language

May 21, 2017
    Wassup bro :daps:

All you missed was Aiden jobbing out to Tye

tomroe93 likes this.
    tomroe93 likes this.
    Apr 16, 2024
  11. Big Dangerous

May 21, 2017
    Booker loves his muscles

0 0
    Apr 16, 2024
  12. Big Dangerous

May 21, 2017
    @Kon u watching tonight? Can't believe we haven't hyped up my fav (AJ) versus your fav KO (I think)

Sign Language and Kon like this.
    Sign Language and Kon like this.
    Apr 16, 2024
  13. Kon

Kon

May 21, 2017
    I'm at work and don't have the network anymore so I won't be watching it all, but I'll be following and streaming what I can, definitely gonna try to catch that match at least.

Apr 16, 2024
  14. Sign Language

May 21, 2017
    [​IMG]
    I wanna get this, but wtf am i gonna do when her streak is broken?

Alpha and Big Dangerous like this.
    Alpha and Big Dangerous like this.
    Apr 16, 2024
  15. tomroe93

May 21, 2017
    Just saw that Shinsuke vs Dolph is gonna start the show. Hopefully they get a good amount of time. They should at least be able to put on a 4 star match

Apr 16, 2024
  16. Big Dangerous

May 21, 2017
    Dude they're playing up Asuka having the odds against her in triple threat

Then she pins both at the same time :dead:

Apr 16, 2024
  17. Big Dangerous

May 21, 2017