Z-Ro Announces His Last Album

Started by Ordinary Joel, May 3, 2017, in Music Add to Reading List

1. Ordinary Joel

Ordinary Joel Found a new way to flow

May 3, 2017
    http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2017/05/z-ro-announces-last-album/

By Justin Ivey May 2, 2017 8:56 PM

[​IMG]

Z-Ro is apparently ready to write the final chapter of his solo career. The Houston legend announced that his next album No Love Boulevard will be his last.

“#noloveboulevard (my last album) will be available in June 2k17,” Z-Ro wrote Tuesday (May 2) on Instagram. “#2thehardway with @miked_ofsuc and #ghettogospel with @beanznkornbread will also be available at a later date. THANK YOU to all my fans! #zro #kingoftheghetto #rothervandross #onedeepentertainment.”

The collaborative albums with Screwed Up Click member Mike D and producers Beanz N Kornbread ensure that No Love Boulevard won’t be the last time fans hear from Z-Ro. But if the “I Know” MC lives up to his word, it will mean that his long awaited Rotha Vandross Sings the Blues album will never be released.

Z-Ro has expressed frustration about his music’s inability to receive widespread recognition. The sales of his 2016 albums Drankin’ & Drinvin’ and Legendary could be a factor in his decision to stop releasing albums, something he hinted at in his 2016 interview with XXL.

“I’ve turned in great bodies of work [but] when muthafuckas take it and leave it [on the shelf], I don’t like that s---,” Z-Ro said. “So pretty soon I’m finna to stop giving you s--- that you’re going to leave right there and nobody going to know about. I’ve done, in my opinion and plenty of others, some masterpieces and them s----s don’t get out of Houston.”

If Z-Ro is truly calling it quits, he will leave behind an astounding body of work. No Love Boulevard will be his 21st solo album and only a small part of his entire discography. The Mo City Don has also released a multitude of mixtapes, EPs, compilations and collaborative albums over his storied career.

Read Z-Ro’s announcement below.

@El Ares, @Skippy

Apr 19, 2024
  2. Cunner

Cunner belter skelter

May 3, 2017
    In :mjcry:

Skippy and Ordinary Joel like this.
    Skippy and Ordinary Joel like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  3. aquaberryares

aquaberryares one time I made sex

May 3, 2017
    Rosama bin laden the icon :wow2:

Ordinary Joel likes this.
    Ordinary Joel likes this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  4. Jay Zeus

Jay Zeus I am the god-favored weed strain

May 3, 2017
    "Top Notch" Over Subs > "Rollin'" On Dubs.

0 0
    Apr 19, 2024