Stanfield's 2018 Album Ratings

Started by Sav Stanfield, May 12, 2018, in Music Add to Reading List

1. Sav Stanfield

May 12, 2018
    I've had a loooot of free time on my hands this year so I've been spending a lot of time listening to music. These are ratings of everything I've heard so far this year. Theres a few releases I either havent listened to yet or still needs some more time to sink in - will keep this post updated as I listen more. Bring the hate.

The Rating System:
    10/10: perfect
    9/10: excellent
    8/10: great
    7/10: good
    6/10: pretty good
    5:10: indifferent
    4/10: not good
    3/10: trash
    2/10: very trash
    1/10 unlistenable
    Rich Hood - Hoodrich Pablo Juan (6/10)
    Not as strong as his previous offering (Designer Drugz 3), or the EP that followed (The Matrix), but a pretty solid tape nonetheless.
    Best song: Faygo Cream ft. Lil Duke

Punken - Maxo Kream (7/10)
    Great album all round. Maxo’s insanely talented and has a bright future ahead of him. He seems to have abandoned the new wave Houston sound of Quicc Strikes and Maxo 187, sounding a lot more polished and focused on here. There’s still room for improvement but this is an excellent addition to his catalog.
    Best song: Beyonce

Shutdafuckup - Juicy J (5/10)
    Highly Intoxicated might be my favorite Juicy J tape of all time. Rubba Band Business was great too (and for some reason seemed to be completely overlooked). This tape however is pretty forgettable. As always theres a few slaps, the production is pretty good but overall sounds mostly like a bunch of leftovers from the previous 2 sessions.
    Best song: Hot Line

Veteran - JPEGMAFIA (8/10)
    Peggys talented. The production on this project is insane and he’s a really entertaining lyricist and vocalist. and he's got a cold sense of humor. I’m loving the distorted sound mixed in with all those weird glitchy elements. Looking very forward to see what he does next.
    Best song: Thug Tears

Culture II - Migos (6/10)
    Not nearly as bad as people make it out to be, but the length is a serious problem. So while its almost impossible to listen to the whole thing in a single sitting, you’re always gonna find a new way to arrange a playlist of your own making. Also would like to have heard a little more diversity and growth since the first one but as a plain continuation from Culture 1, it definitely serves it purpose.
    Best song: Stir Fry

Big Bossin, Vol. 2 - Payroll Giovanni & Cardo (7/10)
    The best way to describe this album is by looking at its cover. Cardo creates a soundscape akin to the classic 90’s G Funk era, smooth and funky with some jazzier sounds thrown in for good measure. As for Payroll, there’s almost flashbacks of Snoop effortlessly gliding over Dre’s funky-worm samples from back in the day. I haven’t even checked out the first volume, but this has definitely got me interested to hear more.
    Best song: Mail Long ft. E-40.

Amen - Rich Brian (4/10)
    Rich Chigga was funny for a song or 2 (his twitter is hilarious by the way) but a full album? Nah man. not for me.
    Best song: Glow Like Dat

Black Panther: The Album - Kendrick Lamar & TDE (8/10)
    Might be a little biased with all the Saffers on here, but this is actually a really good and well-thought out little collection of songs. Most soundtracks suffer from disjointedness but this came together perfectly, with Kendrick’s voice threading all these diverse sounds together. There’s one or 2 songs that don’t work but overall, this is one of the best soundtracks in recent memory tbh.
    Best song: Paramedic! ft. SOB x RBE

The Play Don’t Care Who Makes It - 2 Chainz (7/10)
    ti--y boi is the best rapper alive. His album last year (Pretty Girls Like Trap Music) is a solid 8/10, maybe higher. Based on this little EP, it sounds like his next album (tentatively titled Rap or go To The League) is gonna be even better.
    Best song: Lamborghini Truck (Atlanta s---)

Victory Lap - Nipsey Hussle (7/10)
    This is really dope. I’ve never listened to much Nipsey before this and I think its safe to say I’m a fan now. Kind of a halfway point between YG and Kendrick. This is a very purist west-coast sounding album; the production on here is phenomenal, the guest features all work well. There's no shortage of bangers but he also takes the opportunity to dig deep into his own thoughts and he winds up making a really beautiful and cohesive album. Looking forward to seeing what he does next.
    Best song: Last Time That I Checc'd ft. YG

n----s Get Shot Every Day - Young Dolph (8/10)
    ITS DOLPH. Godamnit, this s--- is hard as bricks. Haven't stopped playing it since it dropped.
    Best song: Slave Owner

Day69 - Tekashi 69 (5/10)
    I like his energy, his beat selection is definitely on point, and he’s got a handful of great singles but this s--- gets tiring pretty quickly. Its a struggle to sit through the full 30 mins or so. This dude needs to learn how to switch it up more often (Chocolat and Gotti seem to suggest that he actually might have the ability to do that, so I’ll still be checking for him in the future).
    Best song: Kooda

Gangin’ - SOB x RBE (7/10)
    Sure, their sound can be a little repetitive at time. This is however, a very solid follow up to their self-titled 2017 debut and great as an introduction to the world after their Black Panther soundtrack appearance. All 4 emcees bounce off of each others' energy, its infectious, its' brash and it doesn't overstay its welcome. Solid as f---.
    Best song: Can't

Trippple Cross - Young Scooter (6/10)
    I can’t lie, Scooter’s always been boring to me. I’ve always appreciated his efforts but he’s just not in the same league as the other Atlantan stars/Gucci acolytes. The guest features and production on this album carry it all the way through - Future and Thugger especially.
    Best song: Tripple Cross ft. Young Thug & Future

2 Heartless - Moneybagg Yo (5/10)
    I’d never heard Moneybagg Yo before this. Checked him out after his legendary feature on BlocBoy’s ‘Asian b------s’. Kinda reminds me of a mix between Future and Dolph. He’s got all the fundamentals down and there’s a handful of tracks worth checking out but there’s nothing overly impressive about this.
    Best song: Super Fake

The Matrix - Hoodrich Pablo Juan & Brodinski (8/10)
    This is pretty much flawless.It might be the best project of 2018 so far. Brodinski outdid himself behind the boards with weird, futuristic trap sounds, and it suits Hoodrich Pablo Juan’s drawl perfectly. I would love to hear more collaborations from these 2 soon.
    Best song: Graveyard Shift

GOOD Job, You Found Me - Valee (7/10)
    Smooth af. Good looking for GOOD music. Definitely will be keeping an eye out for this dude.
    Best song: Miami ft. Pusha T

Memories Don't Die - Torey Lanez (3/10)

First time listening to Torey Lanez. Not a fan. Sounds like a cheap Drake impersonator. That song with 50 is sensational though.
    Best song: that joint with 50.

Prhyme 2 - Prhyme (3/10)
    This s--- is boring as f---. I recently went back and listened to Royce’s 2004 album Death Is Certain and I was shocked at how even though the album’s themes were so dark and depressing, Royce actually sounded much more energetic and lively back then. Is it just old age? probably. Premo’s also obviously suffering because the beats on this s--- are so bland. From what i remember of the first Prhyme, this might actually be worse.
    Best song: Black History

Bobby Tarantino 2 - Logic (6/10)
    I don’t know much about Logic, I think I listened to debut when it came out and pretty much stopped there. So i was quite surprised by this tape - sure, there’s a couple of terrible songs but its mostly just fun - the production is great and he’s definitely a talented technician, no doubt about that. I like that he’s not taking himself too seriously on here. Not too bad.
    best song: 44 More

? - XXXTENTACION (6/10)
    X is an incredibly talented dude - he's a beast on the mic when he puts his mind to it and he has a gift for melody - but I feel like there's a major disconnect for me with a lot of his music. The screamo stuff just isn't for me at all. The first half of this album is great with X playing to his strengths - high-energy over some weird and interesting beat selections. Things really fall apart halfway through though. Better than his last album at least.
    Best song: SAD!

The Wolf of Grape Street - 03 Greedo (8/10)
    I had just started listening to Greedo before this came out, and it exceeded all expectations. Greedo reminds me a lot of Thugger in a some ways, the way he’s able to find and dig into those weird, off-kilter melodies and still sound on point. Also, his ear for beats is incredible. #FREEGREEDO.
    Best song: Run For Yo Life

Rich As In Spirit - Rich Homie Quan (7/10)
    It kills me that Quan's been forgotten so quickly. But I'm glad he's at least making a comeback of sorts, first with last year's brilliant Back to the Basics and now this. Like Thugger, Quan has a gift for melody, and its' clear from this album that he's upped his pen game as well. Maybe a little too long and could have done with a little more variation in production but otherwise a great album.
    Best song: 4rm me to U

The World Is Yours - Rich the Kid (5/10)
    Plug Walk SLAPS. Plus, the production and features are all really, really good on here. For the most part though Rich just isn’t that interesting (or talented, tbh).
    Best song: Plug Walk

Bless Yo Trap - SmokePurpp & MurdaBeatz (3/10)

This is very, very average. DeadStar was better.
    Best song: Do Not Disturb ft. Lil Yachty & Offset

Czarface Meets Metal Face - Czarface & MF DOOM (7/10)
    I tried listening to Czarface back when they first dropped (I think it was 2013?), but I didn't find them very interesting. With DOOM in the mix, I thought they might be worth checking out again and I was pleasantly surprised. I think DOOM adds that extra dimension Czarface has been lacking - their styles mesh together almost seamlessly.
    Best song: Captain Crunch

Do or Die - Vince Ash (7/10)
    The 2Pac influence is strong. But Ash is a very talented rapper in his own right. I'm not sure if he's released anything else but this s--- is definitely worth checking out.
    Best song: 6 Feet

Kolorblind - DJ Esco (5/10)
    I love Esco and Future but this is very obviously just a bunch of Super Slimey leftovers stitched together. Definitely a few bangers worth checking out though. Also, that Nas feature is epic.
    Best song: Warzone

Vacation in h--- - Flatbush Zombies (7/10)
    I think my expectations were unreasonably high for this album. Headstone is such an incredible b-----r, plus after the negative reception from their previous album (3001: A Laced Odyssey), I thought they'd come firing on all cylinders. And they kind of did. Half of this album is great, the other half just seems kind of half-assed. It sounds like FBZ aren't sure what they were aiming for exactly on this. Luckily it mostly worked out well. But I'm pretty sure they can do better.
    Best song: Headstone

KOD - J. Cole (6/10)
    Definitely not a Cole fan, but I’ve been spending some time with his discography recently and I think its safe to say…. he’s not that bad. I still don’t see the hype about him, but he’s not awful. He’s just kinda average. This album is pretty much exactly what you’d expect. I like that he’s incorporated some modern (trap) elements into his production and flows and I can appreciate the fact that he’s attempting to tackle some big topics, but somehow when its all said and done, it all seems to fall a little flat. Like all his albums. Forever average.
    Best song: ATM

Until Death Calls My Name - YoungBoy NeverBrokeAgain (6/10)

Besides for No Smoke, this was my intro to Youngboy NBA. He kinda sounds like Kevin Gates meets young Wayne to me. Stylistically very much a Louisianan. This project is good, there are a handful of brilliant standouts but it just feels like its' missing something. Will definitely be interested to see how his career progresses.
    Best song: Diamond Teeth Samurai

CARE FOR ME - Saba (8/10)
    I was taken aback by this album. Can’t believe it took me so long to listen to it. The Kendrick/GKMC influence is pretty obvious (the jazz instrumentals, the varying inflections and flow speeds, even the somber subject matter). But in the end, it doesn’t really matter because Saba’s put together a really, really good album here. Its succinct and incredibly focused. Its also very personal, almost like a collection of journal entries.
    Best song: LIFE

Beware the Book of Eli - Ski Mask the Slump God (6/10)

I was really hyped for this but its landed up being a bit of a disappointment. Ski Mask is insanely talented, and his love for weird instrumentals and random pop culture references makes for a truly interesting rapper in the currently oversaturated pool. But this tape just sounds like a bunch of leftovers off the cutting room floor. Weird thing is, there’s a few incredibly good songs on here, but they’re drowned out by the rest which just sound like a bunch of quick freestyles. I really hope he puts some more focus and effort into his next project, he has the talent to make something great.
    Best song: LOST SOULS ft. Rich the Kid

Book of Ryan - Royce da 59 (5/10)
    HOW does anyone manage to stay awake through this whole thing? His voice/delivery/cadence is so flat and dead, there is absolutely no life. He sounds like he’s reading a grocery list. I can’t lie, I really like how he approached this - kind of his own version of 4:44. grown a--- man rap. and he can tell a story really well. But there’s some vital ingredient missing. There’s no urgency, no soul, no vibe. Why would anyone ever listen to this more than once?
    Best song: Dumb ft. Boogie

SR3M - Rae Sremmurd (6/10)
    Never really been a fan of these guys, but I can’t deny their achievements so far. The first disc (SR3M) is great, pretty much exactly what I’d want to hear from Rae Sremmurd. The second disc (Swaecation) is… not for me. I prefer my Swae Lee on French Montana or 2 Chainz hooks, if I’m being brutally honest. Not for a full solo project. The third disc (Jxmtro) was surprisingly good for the supposed weaker of the 2. Still, Jxmmy works better when he’s bouncing off Swae. Overall, a nice little experiment i guess, but maybe they’re just not quite ready to go solo yet.
    Best song: Powerglide ft. Juicy J

Life of Desiigner - Desiigner (3/10)
    I actually really liked New English (great gym music) and I liked quite a few of the singles he put out last year (Timmy Turner, Outlet, Liife). But Desiigner sounds pretty lifeless on this EP. I don’t know if he’s intentionally trying out a more low-key sound or if he’s lost some of his energy but aside from 1 or 2 songs, there’s nothing else on here that grabs my interest. He sounds bored. Hoping this is just a collection of throwaways before the real album but unless he can stage a big comeback it seems like this dude’s career is already pretty much over.
    Best song: Priice Tag

Simi - Blocboy JB (6/10)
    Never heard of this guy until the song with Drake dropped and was close to writing him off as a one hit wonder. But I'm really glad I checked this tape out. He's got a knack for making catchy music, and he's got a surprisingly agile flow and ability to play around with words. Plenty of energy, but maybe could use with a little quality control on the next time round (a lot of the instrumentals sound suspiciously similar).
    Best song: Nun of Dat ft. Lil Pump

Die Lit - Playboi Carti (8/10)
    Besides a few quality control issues, this is a sensational project from Carti. There’s a psychedelic variety, high energy and earworm hooks- plus Pierre Bourne is a f---ing demon behind the boards. Carti has always had knack for matching catchy music and this his greatest achievement so far. My biggest gripe is that its too long and there’s some obvious filler on here but even so, one of the best projects of the year.
    Best song: Pull Up

Activated - Tee Grizzley (6/10)
    This is definitely losing points after repeated listens. At first, I was blown away by the ferocity of Grizzley’s flow and the symphonic beat selection. But thats mostly just the first half, the album fades pretty badly in its second act. Also, there was absolutely no need for 2 Chris Brown features. That being said, the good songs are really good. But I feel like he tried to do a bit too much on here. He’s got the skills to make a better all-round project.
    Best song: Colors

Platinum Flame - Lil B (6/10)
    Based God returns with a new 28-song edition of his legendary Flame series. The first half of this is great, almost a continuation of Black Ken. But at 28 tracks (and with no features), the second half does drag a bit. I love Based God producing all his own s--- but a little more variety might have helped. It does pick up again right towards the end with some weird-a--- dance-oriented/Latin-infused instrumentals, that were also present on Black Ken. Overall its not quite of God’s Father caliber, but definitely worth checking out if you’re already a based fan. TYBG.
    Best song: Billionare

Harder Than Ever - Lil Baby (5/10)
    Baby is renegaded by every single guest on here. I mean I like the guy and he can make some good music but this was way overhyped. Can’t really see him being much more than a fad unless his style evolves into something a little more interesting. There’s not much to write home about here. (except what is possibly the most iconic line of 2018 so far - “wah wah wah b---- I’m a baby”.)
    Best song: Bank ft. Moneybagg Yo

TESTING - A$AP Rocky (6/10)
    Yeah, its a huge disappointment. Pretty much landed up being what we were all fearing ever since 5 Star/Wok dropped last year. But its not that bad. Kinda feels like ALLA-lite, but lacks the depth and soul of its predecessor. Props to Rocky for experimenting and trying out some new styles, cadences and instrumental choices but a large portion of this album comes off sounding bland and poorly mixed. The album starts off and ends off really well but as for (almost) everything in-between? It doesn’t really work.
    Best song: Tony Tone

Daytona - Pusha T (8/10)
    This is undoubtedly a great project. Its beautifully produced and curated, and Push once again cements himself as the all-time king of coke-rap (we all already knew that though). Could it have done with a little more to make this his indisputable career-peak? Something that could reach (and maybe even exceed) the heights of HHNF? I think so. All the ingredients are there. Spectacular for what it is, but I feel like I’m still waiting on the promise of King Push. That is pretty much the only downside to Daytona though, everything else about it is d--- near immaculate. This will definitely be in heavy rotation for a long time to come.
    Best song: Santeria

Ye - Kanye West (7/10)
    Kanye needs space to paint his sprawling masterpieces. Clocking in at just 23 minutes, Ye feels more like a rough sketch than an expansive work of art. As a result, this project seems dwarfed when standing in the shadows of the rest of his catalog. It’s a pretty good listen - i don’t think Kanye’s ever really made bad music - but not nearly as fulfilling as I hoped it would be.
    Best song: Yikes

Ottopsy - Chief Keef (7/10)
    Even though his output since his 2017 return has been a bit spotty, Ottopsy is a nice little collection of songs. There’s all-out bangers, autotune-drenched ballad, and ice-cold drill s---. Its brief, focused, varied and better than a lot of his recent full-length mixtapes. Check it out.
    Best song: g--- g---

Kids See Ghosts - Kids See Ghosts (8/10)
    A VERY welcomed return to form for Kid Cudi on possibly my most highly anticipated collaborations of all time. And it doesn’t disappoint. I mean they even got a f---in Mos Def feature on here. A lot of MOTM-sounding humming and harmonising, alongside Ye sounding way more revitalised than he did on Ye. Even better, this might be the best produced album of the entire Surgical Summer series. Only real complaint I have is that its too short.
    Best song: Feel the Love ft. Pusha T

NASIR - Nas (6/10)
    I’m a Nas stan at heart, but this was a letdown. Nas’ beat selection has always been a point for critics, but this time its Nas himself thats drags down the music. He sounds bored, aimless, rusty, off-beat - far removed from the heyday of his 90’s/00’s output, or even from Life Is Good. Sure, there’s a few standouts. And the production alone warrants a few listens. Just hoping the next outing (NAS ALBUM DONE) is better (and more focused) than this.
    Best song: Cops Shot The Kid

Redemption - Jay Rock (6/10)
    Jay Rock is a master of the guest appearance. But I don’t think he’s ever put out a solo album that reflects his capabilities. Redemption is no exception. I can’t quite put my finger on whats lacking; maybe he’s just not capable of carrying an entire project front to back? He’s always ways been a good writer (this may be his best written album yet) and he certainly has charisma. But at the end of the day it all just seems to fall flat. Again.
    Best song: ES Tales

Everything Is Love - Beyonce & Jay-Z (5/10)
    Its basically MCHG, Pt 2, just with a whole lot of Beyonce. Hey, at least Ape s--- slaps.
    Best song: Ape s---.

Freddie - Freddie Gibbs (8/10)
    A brief, yet immaculate trudge through the cut-throat, ice-cold world of Gangsta Gibbs. More Shadow of a Doubt than YOL2 (but nothing at all like Pinata), this is Freddie doing what he does best. Bring on Bandana.
    Best song: Automatic

God Level - 03 Greedo (6/10)
    I know people are gonna disagree with me on this but God Level isn’t that great. I loved Wolf of Grape Street and while God Level definitely has some incredible standout moments, a full 90+ minutes is just too much for me. I find myself skipping over nearly half the songs on here. Trim the fat and Greedo might have had something really worthwhile on his hands.
    Best song: Floating

Scorpion - Drake (6/10)
    Definitely not as awful as some people make it out to be. But a letdown all the same. I actually think Scorpion’s first disc is great, pretty much all the way through. And if you had to take the best songs off Disc 2 and tag them on, you’d have one of the best albums of Drizzy’s discography. But a lot of the s--- on Disc 2 just bores the s--- out of me.
    Best song: Nice for What

Beast Mode 2 - Future (8/10)
    Is it better than he first Beast Mode? Its hard to say. Despite their similar wintery soundscapes, they’re notably different projects. This one feels a little less insular, a little grander. But naming it anything other than Beast Mode 2 would just be wrong. Ostentatious, dripping with misogyny and beautiful Zay keys, this sounds like it was made during Future’s unstoppable 2014-15 run. It’s a keeper.
    Best song: Some More

Rolling Papers 2 - Wiz Khalifa (1/10)
    Like that song Wiz made about Paul Walker, this is the kind of music that makes me doubt if hip hop is actually for me. I can’t listen to this s---.
    Best song: the song with the Jimmy Wopo verse

HoodWolf 2 - Hoodrich Pablo Juan & Danny Wulf (7/10)
    Hoodrich Pablo Juan’s raspy, smooth-as-f--- flow slips and slides between Danny Wolf’s crystal-clear piano loops and stuttering drums. HoodWolf 2 serves as a strong followup, both to its’ predecessor (HoodWolf) and Pablo’s work with Brodinski (The Matrix). The project starts off incredibly strong but does tend to lag a in its second half. Still, an all-round solid project and another great addition to his catalog.
    Best song: Hoop Dreams

TA13OO - Denzel Curry (8/10)
    I was in Florida about 10 years ago, when locals Plies and Flo Rida topped the charts and Rick Ross wasn’t much more than a punchline yet. Things done changed. Now a hotbed of hip hop activity, Florida has bred some of the most interesting and best acts of the decade, with Denzel Curry right near the top. From a relatively unknown Raider Klan disciple to underground people’s champ, Denzel has come a long way. TA13OO is a masterful collection of music, perfectly arranged to start with unexpected jazzy vividness and building up to pitch-black dark twisted ending. I’m hoping this is only the beginning from Zel. If so, there’s a lot of good things in his future.
    Best song: Black Metal Terrorist

Swevo - G Herbo (6/10)
    Herbo’s an exceptionally talented emcee but his flow has always been a little iffy to me. He approaches mic with the deftness of a power drill. It seems particularly pronounced on Swervo; I’m not sure whether thats because I’m more used to hearing ATL rappers over Southside’s production or if Herbo’s just getting worse but its difficult to sit through at times. Still, there are plenty of moments on here where Herbo’s gruff delivery and vivid street tales come together with Southside’s epic stuttering trap instrumentals just right (see Pac N Dre). But even with a handful of well-placed guest appearances and at a tight 46 minute runtime, Swervo comes off feeling disjointed.
    Best song: Catch Up ft. Chief Keef

Stay Dangerous - YG (6/10)
    My Krazy Life and Still Brazy would be tough acts for anyone to follow, even for an artist as gifted as YG. Not that there’s anything bad about Stay Dangerous, it just doesn’t really reach the same heights as his previous efforts. There are a handful of duds on here. And they do detract from the albums replay value. But there’s also a lot of good material (especially in the second half) that harkens back to his previous 2 classics.
    Best song: Deeper Than Rap

Astroworld - Travi$ Scott (8/10)
    Unlike BITTSM, Astroworld feels like the true successor to Rodeo; Rodeo by daytime, you could say. It’s brighter, bigger and flashier and Travis excels in his role - as he himself says best - as “the glue” that holds it all together. The guests are handpicked to perfection - from 21 Savage to Frank Ocean, from Nav to Stevie Wonder - everyone plays their part, and Travis’ heavily reverbed ad-libs and wailing melodies tie it all together in a big chaotic bow that keeps you absorbed in the haunted desert wonderland from psychedelic start to (very obviously Kanye-influenced) melancholic finish.
    Best song: Can’t Say ft. Don Toliver

Slime Language - Young Thug & YSL (5/10)
    I love Thugger but this is clearly just autopilot/collection of leftovers with some tacked-on guest features. Theres always gonna be standouts when SEX is involved and this compilation is no exception. But when even Thugger himself sounds bored over this collection of uninspired instrumentals, its hard to get excited for the equally-bored sounding guests and the project as a whole falls flat.
    Best song: Gain Clout

Kamikaze - Eminem (6/10)
    Em returns back to his battle rap roots, which is a very welcome change of pace (as is the updated production), but the incomprehensibly off-beat flows and out of touch jabs at the critics and ‘mumble rap’ drags this down a few notches. Like all post-hiatus Em albums, there are little flashes of that old genius peaking through. But like always, its not quite enough to convince me that Shady is truly back. At this stage, it doesn’t look he ever will be.
    Best song: The Ringer

Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
    Zeugma, Ordinary Joel, Buddha and 7 others like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  2. Young Thugger Thugger

Young Thugger Thugger https://www.last.fm/user/AmaruStar

May 12, 2018
    Caution: The mixing and mastering of Die Lit by Playboi Carti are really bad, so they might throw you off the album completely.

Sav Stanfield likes this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  3. Sav Stanfield

May 12, 2018
    I've listened to it a few times already, but I don't think it detracted too badly from the overall project. Still needs time to sink in though

sheldon likes this.
    sheldon likes this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  4. Young Thugger Thugger

May 12, 2018
    I see.

0 0
    Apr 19, 2024
  5. Young Thugger Thugger

May 12, 2018
    You're real for Dolph, though. :whew:
    Salute. :rejoice:

Apr 19, 2024
  6. sheldon

May 12, 2018
    Good sht bro

Tried doing a threwd like this but its too much work lol

Props af for effort even though i dont agree with some of these opinions

RetiredAccount and Sav Stanfield like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  7. Jehovah

Jehovah SB3

May 12, 2018
    Nice, I wanna hear your thoughts on The Matrix by Juan. s----s still in my top 5 this year its so hard man :fuckman:

edit: I missed it. 8/10 whew:blackexcellence:

Love Trouble but man was so disappointed with this s--- with mike will, really had potential to be somethin crazy coming of that EP he dropped last year. That EP was just too real :whytf:

Apr 19, 2024
  8. Jehovah

Jehovah SB3

May 12, 2018

d--- :mjcry:

Apr 19, 2024
  9. Sav Stanfield

May 12, 2018
    I mean I love Scooter and he's a legend in his own right but he's just not on the same tier as Gucci, Thug, Future, etc. Tripple Cross was dope really though, maybe a 7/10.

Yeah I listened to it once when it dropped and remember being disappointed. Gonna have to give it another listen soon

Jehovah likes this.
    Jehovah likes this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  10. Sav Stanfield

May 12, 2018
    thanks man.

I tried recording a song once but i was trash lol.

sheldon likes this.
    sheldon likes this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  11. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

May 12, 2018
    Props for the effort!

Only heard a few of these projects, got a lot of catching up to do.

Apr 19, 2024
  12. RetiredAccount

RetiredAccount Big Time Stuntin Like My Daddy

May 12, 2018
    Nice effort (tho that 2/10 on ? Got me in some feelings)

Where Heartbreak Kodak at tho?

Apr 19, 2024
  13. LLLMMMMFFFFFAAAAAAOOOOOO

LLLMMMMFFFFFAAAAAAOOOOOO humans are just recycled star dust

May 12, 2018
    i was the first person to talk about The Matrix (and Hoodrich Pablo Juan) here and yall were all Luke warm at first now calling it potential AOTY smh

Apr 19, 2024
  14. Gimp

May 12, 2018
    I agree mostly except black panther was not an 8/10, s--- was a mess.

Dudley and Sav Stanfield like this.
    Dudley and Sav Stanfield like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  15. Gimp

May 12, 2018
    You need to listen to care for me - saba. That, punken and activated are my top 3 of the year so far.

Apr 19, 2024
  16. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Moderator

May 12, 2018
    Can someone post 'playboi carti :'(' best songs?

I heard he's pretty popular so I wanna give it a chance

Apr 19, 2024
  17. Jehovah

Jehovah SB3

May 12, 2018
    never discussed it here cause people just wont be interested in pablo juan

Apr 19, 2024
  18. Big Dangerous

Big Dangerous World Heavyweight Champion

May 12, 2018
    @Sav Stanfield

"Prhyme 2 - Prhyme (3/10)
    From what i remember of the first Prhyme, this might actually be worse."

:drake5:

The first PRhyme was a good album whatchu mean from what you remember, 3/10 might actually be worse foh

Apr 19, 2024
  19. Gimp

May 12, 2018
    Fetti, magnolia, woke up like this. And any song with uzi, he tends to bring out the best in him

Last edited: May 12, 2018
    Apr 19, 2024
  20. G H I L

G H I L I’m the black Christian Grey

May 13, 2018
    Some of these hurt my feelings :snow:

Apr 19, 2024