Eminem Ebro's Take On Eminem Sparks A Heated Debate

Started by SHUDEYE, Jan 24, 2020, in Eminem Add to Reading List

1. SHUDEYE

SHUDEYE Kerser is the sickest.

Jan 24, 2020
    As a longstanding hip-hop authority, Ebro's words hold weight. It's no wonder his take on Eminem is particularly strong, leaving much to unpack beyond a surface level. "Eminem’s success comes from him being white, he’s even said it," claims Ebro, knowing exactly what sort of can of worms he's opening. "Lack of respect also comes from him being white. The disdain for him comes from him being successful @ something Black people own. His love for the culture is why he worked so hard to be great and get respect."

It didn't take long for the debate to spark and Ebro seized the opportunity to double down. "Eminem treats Rap how Black folks have had to treat life," he continues. "Be 5x better, work 5x harder than everyone and still not necessarily get respect." The tweets found many people chiming with agreement while others took issue with Ebro's angle. Accusations of "hater" were flung willy-nilly, though it should be noted that his infamous top ten list had Eminem at number ten. High praise to be sure, though his opinion on "Rap God" seems to suggest a distaste for Em's more recent musical output.

How do you feel about Ebro's takes on Eminem's respect, success, and musicality?

https://www.hotnewhiphop.com/ebros-take-on-eminem-sparks-a-heated-debate-news.101739.html

Mar 28, 2024
  2. TheRealEbonIvore

Jan 24, 2020
    I thought his first tweet at 905 AM was fine.. then he just kept going.. lol

Im not offended. Are people offended?

JMilliAMC16 likes this.
    JMilliAMC16 likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  3. Ricky

Ricky Hip-Hop CEO ™

Jan 24, 2020
    f--- is this, 1998?

Slyk, modli, ETERNAL and 5 others like this.
    Slyk, modli, ETERNAL and 5 others like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  4. Bojack

Jan 24, 2020
    This all been known tbh and yes being white helped but there were other white rappers before him
    and none of them ever made it as big as Em. You dont have to like his music to acknowledge all those
    things he accomplished.

Mar 28, 2024
  5. JebuSsweatshirt

JebuSsweatshirt She So PrettYyYyYy

Jan 24, 2020
    have we ran oout of s--- to talk about?

0 0
    Mar 28, 2024
  6. Detroit24

Jan 24, 2020
    Talk about jealousy...there are many variables for someone to be successful in a industry...being white has helped em being popular of course,,,but as mentioned by Bojack...this is already known....like 20 years ago known...

to keep bringing his race up...is called racism...reverse racism is ok? When hip hop is predominantly black artists...nanana...this s--- is ridiculous...I can say tiger woods is amazing golfer but by being bi-racial helped become popular in his sport...and make a ton of money from ads...

only 1 white artist has made it to top of the mountain...em, not anyone else...therefore dude is talented, hard working, student of the game as well

NBA basketball is played by top black athletes...guess what they are great in what they do...but there’s white ballers like Luca donjic, dirk nowitzki, Steve Nash, Larry bird...who also made it...regardless of industry the cream always rises to the top...

doesn’t make it easier...em had racism against him...I’m sure Barack Obama had the same....any successful African American, Hispanic, Asian or any race/ethnicity can say the same...in an industry that is predominantly dominated by one race

Alpha, n9ne, Ricky and 1 other person like this.
    Alpha, n9ne, Ricky and 1 other person like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  7. Detroit24

Jan 24, 2020
    P.s anyone who works 5x harder than anyone else in society, has talent, great work ethnic, and some luck in their life can also make it to the top of their industry...

but there are many people who do try and believe they have all of that, and unfortunately can’t catch a break, aren’t actually working as hard as others, have negative attitude, don’t actually have talent, people don’t like them or want to help them out....bunch of variables and details affect society idea of success that we have for ourselves ... to attain the same 1% of success they are told they need to get to by society...aka millions/billions of dollars + fame

I can put million hours into being a singer/rapper and get better for myself but reach Em’s level or do the same in basketball and reach LeBron a level or Tom Brady level....

Alpha, Ricky and Bojack like this.
    Alpha, Ricky and Bojack like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  8. Antman

Antman No Cap

Jan 24, 2020
    This n----- dead wrote bibles ^^^

Ricky, ETERNAL, Worm and 2 others like this.
    Ricky, ETERNAL, Worm and 2 others like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  9. GawDEDEDE

Jan 24, 2020
    I think Ebro is absolutely right. How could he possibly be called a hater for this? I can’t find anything I disagree with.

Edit: Come to think of it the only disagreement I have is “lack of respect.” There are people who listen to Eminem once out of a year who will acknowledge him as one of the greatest MCs ever. That is definitively respect. Every major rapper is subject to large scales of disrespect in my view. If he were black he’d probably receive just as much slander, or close to it.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
    0 0
    Mar 28, 2024
  10. DKC

DKC hank trill

Jan 24, 2020
    The Beastie Boys' debut album went diamond and is in the top 10 (maybe even 5) most sold rap albums of all time

Vanilla Ice was close to selling diamond for multiple albums and Ice Ice Baby was the first rap song to top the billboard charts. I believe one of his albums is still a top 10 or top 15

Yes Eminem has more achievements than both of them but Em is one of the biggest artist to ever exist PERIOD so that's an extremely high bar to set...but to say that there were no white rappers that made it HUGE before him is false. That isn't to take away from Em's achievements cuz he worked extremely hard, but ebro, at least in his first tweet, is correct.

Look at Post Malone. He had White Iverson handed to him as a reference track before anyone knew who he was and became massively popular off a single song and having virtually no other music out there.

Look at Macklemore. Remember the grammys when he was up against Drake, Kanye, Kenrick, and Jay Z?

You wouldn't know NF even existed if he was black.

Slyk, GawDEDEDE, Ricky and 2 others like this.
    Slyk, GawDEDEDE, Ricky and 2 others like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  11. Boos

Boos Nova Nation

Jan 24, 2020
    @Big Cuntry where can I read about this white Iverson thing? That’s just insane. I never knew that

Slyk and Buddha like this.
    Slyk and Buddha like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  12. gdot

Jan 24, 2020
    Nobody ever looked at the beastie boys or vanilla ice as lyricists or great rappers though. Em has made his way into top 5 conversations and been praised by the best. This isn’t about record sales. Em reached a level of extremely high regard in the hip hop community.
    In the last 5 or 6 years it’s become the cool thing to not acknowledge Em and call his s--- wack. That’s what Ebro is talking about... Respect. Ems success goes beyond sales. Em was accepted with open arms in the hip hop community

Ricky likes this.
    Ricky likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  13. Bojack

Jan 24, 2020
    Beastie Boys are the ones I had in mind when I wrote that post.
    That was my point that even them didnt make it as big even if the were big enough.
    And keeping in mind that they were a rock infused rap group and rock was way more popular than rap in the 80s.
    Em basically surpassed all that with songs about raping his mother and killing his baby mother and stuff.
    I dont disagree with ebro but in some cases there's definitely more than color as a factor.
    And even after Em there are enough dope white rappers like Paul Wall, Action Bronson etc.
    Bottom line is that yes color helps to appeal to more people since it was and still is black culture we're talking here but there's def more than that for someone to achieve such things and still be one of the biggest rappers almost in his 50s.

Ricky likes this.
    Ricky likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  14. DKC

DKC hank trill

Jan 24, 2020
    This is the reference track—has different lyrics but the same melody.

Well, that sorta proves my point even more, cuz I was showing how being white can give you a leg up in the music industry (and in general) even if you're...vanilla ice. And that's why I said I'm not taking away from his accomplishments, I was just demonstrating that there were massively successful white rappers before him.

Slyk, Buddha and Boos like this.
    Slyk, Buddha and Boos like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  15. DKC

DKC hank trill

Jan 24, 2020
    I don't think anyone here is saying that Em didn't earn his achievements by being talented, just that race is a factor and always has been a factor in music.

Enigma and Buddha like this.
    Enigma and Buddha like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  16. attila

Jan 24, 2020
    Doesn’t he know Eminem is half black

Slyk and ETERNAL like this.
    Slyk and ETERNAL like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  17. froboy6942

Jan 24, 2020
    I am curious why Em's position, respect, contributions, legacy, etc. in the game have been such a topic again in the last 3-4 years or so? My memory isn't the greatest but was it his BET Cypher that kicked off the race s--- again? This s--- wasn't talked about as openly as much from around his hiatus until Revival. s---'s weird. Feels like the late 90's and early 2000's again.

0 0
    Mar 28, 2024
  18. Kazman

Jan 24, 2020
    Why does everything always have to be about race?

This b---- is race baiting for attention and clout and acting like it's fact. There isn't a single variable that lead to Eminem's success but rather a multitude of factors.

Was being white a factor? Obviously but people give it too much weight and significance. This topic has been run into the ground by Eminem, his fans, and detractors alike.

s--- like this just further divides people, and I love all ya'll regardless off background, skin color, or personal beliefs.

Just my two cents.

n9ne, Ricky, Bojack and 1 other person like this.
    n9ne, Ricky, Bojack and 1 other person like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  19. Jerome

Jan 24, 2020
    its 2020 , ems in the game for 22 years, we shouldn't discuss Eminem status at all like hes some nobody who just dropped his first major release.
    Dude is one of the greats. Period.

Slyk likes this.
    Slyk likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  20. Step Daddy

Jan 24, 2020
    It's pretty true. Most of his fans are neckbeards, that's why his latest album is called Music To Drink Monsters To

Jay Zeus, ItsPwizz and Rodamon like this.
    Jay Zeus, ItsPwizz and Rodamon like this.
    Mar 28, 2024