Best Way To Detox Your Body?

Started by Ricky, Sep 17, 2020, in Life Add to Reading List

1. Ricky

Ricky Hip-Hop CEO ™

Sep 17, 2020
    Alright, so I decided to get healthy. What's the best approach to do so?

No matter how much sleep I get I still feel tired around the noon, basically everyday. I know it's my diet. I eat like s--- and I drink way too much coffee, energy drinks, I have beer with salty snacks basically every weekend. I am still skinny, so don't worry you peasants, I ain't fat.

So, starting from tomorrow I want to clean this mess I've done inside me. What should I eat? What should be my daily routine?

ANY TIPS? @OffTopic BS @LifeSXN

I'm looking at you @M Solo

Ordinary Joel, RG9, Guma and 2 others like this.
    Ordinary Joel, RG9, Guma and 2 others like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  2. DKC

DKC hank trill

Sep 17, 2020
    Easiest starting point is switch to only drinking water and black coffee/tea. If you’re trying to kick energy drinks/soda/beer try sparkling water—I realized a big part of why I used to drink more beer/soda was the carbonation.

For meals you can do a lot with just a little bit of rice, lots of veggies, and your meat of choice (chicken or turkey or fish is prob healthiest).

Apr 19, 2024
  3. M Solo

M Solo Fresh Outta London

Sep 17, 2020
    Drink water. Eat fiber. Our liver is the greatest detoxing system on the planet and anything outside of the advice I just gave you is a bs gimmick.

Alpha, Ordinary Joel, Worm and 5 others like this.
    Alpha, Ordinary Joel, Worm and 5 others like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  4. Oldboy

Oldboy Administrator

Sep 17, 2020
    Detox is a marketing term and not real. Eat healthy and give it time

Emostar, Alpha, Ordinary Joel and 3 others like this.
    Emostar, Alpha, Ordinary Joel and 3 others like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  5. Koke

Sep 17, 2020
    - Drink loads of water every day. At least 2 or 3 litres depending on your body. Cut the s-----y drinks and minimise caffeine

- Try to minimise phone/social media usage. Especially before you sleep and when you wake up.

- Make sure you're taking the right vitamins or getting enough from your diet. Omega, Vitamin C, D and Zinc are pretty important for me

- Do more exercise, even if it's light workouts or walking/jogging more

These are things that usually work for me whenever I try and "detox"

Apr 19, 2024
  6. Oldboy

Oldboy Administrator

Sep 17, 2020
    Whats solo using here as “detox” isnt what your looking for ricky. But its good advise. And frankly only advise

Ordinary Joel, DKC and Ricky like this.
    Ordinary Joel, DKC and Ricky like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  7. Chrollo

Chrollo ♱ كرولو

Sep 17, 2020
    No sugary drinks, coke, fanta, sprite and all that s---. You won't miss it I'll guarantee you that. Drink your daily 2l of water. If you want a snack, buy a popcorn machine and make popcorn. Has a lot of fiber and air popped popcorn is healthier than microwaved/oil pan popcorn. AND GO TO THE GYM. WORKOUT. DO YOUR CARDIO IT'S GOOD FOR YOUR HEART.

Ordinary Joel, Fire Squad and Ricky like this.
    Ordinary Joel, Fire Squad and Ricky like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  8. M Solo

Sep 17, 2020

This is all non sense and following these arbitrary guidelines will do nothing for anybody my brother.

Also, @Rick James make sure you get your fiber from food and not a supplement like Metamucil.

Ordinary Joel and Ricky like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  9. JMG

JMG Teflon

Sep 17, 2020
    Have you tried ProVen? Its a groundbreaking new supplement that melts over 10 pounds of fat daily. You will lose all that quarantine weight in your sleep!

Picture1.png

Ordinary Joel, Worm, Thy and 6 others like this.
    Ordinary Joel, Worm, Thy and 6 others like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  10. Ricky

Ricky Hip-Hop CEO ™

Sep 17, 2020
    I'll take notes, plan everything and will start posting my daily routine itt. Thank you guys!

Ordinary Joel likes this.
    Ordinary Joel likes this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  11. Ricky

Ricky Hip-Hop CEO ™

Sep 17, 2020
    Wow, these bots are imitating our posters now???

Ordinary Joel and JMG like this.
    Ordinary Joel and JMG like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  12. Mikey

Sep 17, 2020
    Stay hydrated as was mentioned.

But improve quality of sleep should help. I dont use many supplements but ZMA has really helped me get a deeper sleep.
    Sleep is key.

Apr 19, 2024
  13. RG9

RG9

Sep 17, 2020
    Optimising sleep & nutrition is the single most important step a person can take to improve one’s life. If you were to seek help from being depressed, the doctor would first question your quality of sleep & diet. If you don’t get enough rest to recover, and you fuel your body with the bare minimum, your body is not going to be able to operate at its optimal level—mentally or physically. So with that being said, a few tips I would give:

- Stay hydrated. If you’re drinking more coffee/carbonated drinks than you are water, that’s your first mistake. You don’t want your body relying on sugar for energy, that’s where cravings kick-in. Oftentimes the reason you’re feeling sluggish is due to dehydration. Make it a habit to drink a lot of water as soon as you wake up.

- Don’t listen to people telling you to cut out sugar and carbs full stop. The best diets are ones that a sustainable for life, not just a few weeks. This isn’t sustainable. That being said, replace sugary drinks with sugar-free alternatives—they taste the same anyway. Eat fruit & veg. Consume more meat to help you bulk up & aid muscle growth. Eat what you enjoy, but in moderation. This will help you stick to your diet; the last thing you want is to develop an unhealthy relationship with foods

- Workout. Doesn’t have to be super intense, just focus on correct form and keeping consistent. Just 3-4 days a week at the start is fine. Full body or upper/lower is what I’d recommend for a beginner. Focus on progressive overload on your compound lifts—deadlifts, squats, overhead press, bench press, dips, pull ups etc. Try and workout at the same time to help build a routine/make it a habit.

- Stick to a sleep schedule, assuming your work allows you to do so. Go to sleep at the same time, and wake up at the same time every day. Aim for 8 hours & try not to a snooze your alarm—don’t take your first L by feeling unproductive before you’ve even started your day. This should optimise/reset your circadian rhythm & your body will eventually naturally wake up at that time, without an alarm. Remember that oversleeping can be as detrimental as undersleeping.

- Also, in terms of a mental detox I’d recommend cutting down on phone usage. I’d also recommend reading. Listening to audiobooks while going for a walk is great for increasing mental clarity.

I can guarantee you’ll feel invigorated if you incorporate just some these into your daily routine. Remember that consistency is key. I’m by no means an expert but these are my tips based on my experience.

Good luck brother, let us know how you get on.

Mikey, DJW, Ordinary Joel and 6 others like this.
    Mikey, DJW, Ordinary Joel and 6 others like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  14. M Solo

Sep 17, 2020

Good s--- all the way around. A lot more comprehensive than I was lol. The only thing you missed is meditation but that's asking a LOT from most people.

Ordinary Joel, Koke, DKC and 2 others like this.
    Ordinary Joel, Koke, DKC and 2 others like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  15. RG9

RG9

Sep 17, 2020
    Yeah, good point. Probably something to get into once all the basics are on point. I might get into it soon - what’s the best way to start out? (assuming you meditate).

I’ve been meaning to for a while but I just haven’t got around to researching it.

Apr 19, 2024
  16. Ricky

Ricky Hip-Hop CEO ™

Sep 17, 2020
    @RG9 Thank you too man! I'm taking notes, so I'll start tomorrow. I'll keep posting what I've done daily etc.

Ordinary Joel and RG9 like this.
    Ordinary Joel and RG9 like this.
    Apr 19, 2024
  17. icecube

icecube West Coast is the Best Coast

Sep 17, 2020
    My preferance would be with headphones

Apr 19, 2024
  18. icecube

icecube West Coast is the Best Coast

Sep 17, 2020
    But on a serious note. Lots of water and lots of vegetables.

I've heard green tea is also really good for you.

Apr 19, 2024
  19. DKC

DKC hank trill

Sep 17, 2020
    Meditation can make you feel so good. Didn’t think anyone else on this website was into that lol

Apr 19, 2024
  20. Fire Squad

Fire Squad Boss Don Biggavel

Sep 17, 2020
    Everyone already answered this perfectly but I’ll add a few details:

- Kick alcohol & sodas to the side, your body will feel cleansed just by eliminating that from your system.

- Regular excercise, regardless if it’s a light job or intensive interval cardio, will do wonder and give you more energy during the day & will help your sleep cycle.

- f--- those fad diets, just eat a good balance of foods high in fiber, proteins to help you recover from exercise, healthy fats & good carbs (fruits/vegetables).

- Your mental health goes a long way, whatever your brain & thought processes tell you is how your body ultimately will react to. Find things that make you happy (music, other hobbies), a little bit of meditation and other mindfulness practices are something I will always suggest. You gain a peace of mind, strengthen the part of your brain that enables concentration and it only costs you 10-20 minutes of your day.

Apr 19, 2024