42 days of RED - how are you feeling?

Started by Jeans, Feb 4, 2021, in Music Add to Reading List

1. Jeans

Jeans Joe From Family Guy

Feb 4, 2021
    Have you gone back to it? Was it worth the wait? Anything still in rotation?

Ordinary Joel and DKC like this.
    Apr 20, 2024
  2. Jeans

Feb 4, 2021
    The glamour of it all is definitely gone for me. It’s a solid project and I like it a lot but I think the abrasiveness of it doesn’t do it any favours in the way of casual listening. Stop breathing, Beno and die4myguy have stayed in daily rotation but besides that I don’t find myself going back to a lot of songs unless they come on shuffle. Neon too

Apr 20, 2024
  3. DKC

DKC hank trill

Feb 4, 2021
    Whole album still in rotation (+ added "@ Meh" to the album after Beno!) and has only grown on me—it tops my most played by a longshot even going back 90 days lol:
    [​IMG]

Ordinary Joel and Jeans like this.
    Apr 20, 2024
  4. Yeez

Yeez Yeez 4.0

Feb 4, 2021
    I definetly like it more than my first listen. I wonder if the deluxe is still coming tho

Apr 20, 2024
  5. RetiredAccount

RetiredAccount Big Time Stuntin Like My Daddy

Feb 4, 2021
    Not enough Bill Israel smh

Apr 20, 2024
  6. Jeans

Feb 4, 2021
    @meh is such a good f---ing song and I’m pissed it didn’t formally make it on to the album. I like it better than most songs that actually made it if I’m being honest
    You’ll be waiting another 2+ years for deluxe

Apr 20, 2024
  7. DKC

DKC hank trill

Feb 4, 2021
    Honestly I listened to @ meh once when it dropped and didn't like it much, but revisited it when he said the album was dropping officially and fell in love with it. Glad I didn't overplay it so it slides in nicely on the album for me after Beno!

Apr 20, 2024
  8. Jay Zeus

Jay Zeus I am the god-favored weed strain

Feb 4, 2021
    @ Meh will forever be trash. Sorry, not sorry. Not everything hits, just because that's what is expected about a single. Too many people in this generation can't allow their sensible and solid initial opinion on an objectively disjointed song be the leading stance on things. Whatever happened to just accepting that something was contrived and halfhearted from beginning to end. It's objectively that. Too many of us "Let s--- grow". Haven't you seen "Creep Show"? The Meteor Sideshow? MESSAGE! I didn't let WLR grow on me. I f----- with it (Consensually, of course.), Rohypnol-Free.

0 0
    Apr 20, 2024
  9. DKC

DKC hank trill

Feb 4, 2021
    Cuz sometimes art challenges you in ways you didn't expect and it takes time for you to immerse yourself in it. Sometimes you're not in the right mood to take it in which taints your perception. Sometimes you think something's great right off the bat and then after a few listens you start to see holes in it.

Your initial gut reaction can be wrong! If anything I think people are too quick to judge things. We live in the era of "classic or trash," fast food consumption of music that even seeps into criticism where sometimes people only have a weekend to sit on an album and write a review.

Ordinary Joel likes this.
    Ordinary Joel likes this.
    Apr 20, 2024
  10. Jay Zeus

Feb 4, 2021

I've listened to @ Meh like 10 times. Each time I was in a different mood. Made no difference. Beat wack af. Carti wasn't sayin' s---, but he usually never sayin' s---. Put the right beat behind it, it might work. But even then, f--- no. Flow wack. Voice wack. Still trying to understand what the f--- he was thinkin' with that mess. Still trash. This challenged me and I was confused as to how to feel about it. But like.....this....is more like it. 'Cause not everybody gon' f--- with polyrhythms, his voice, and his flow. But like......I didn't like this at first either. Oh, and another one.

Now, before you go ask me if I am actually a fan of the dude, get the f--- out, first of all. No. Lmfao. I'm using his s--- that is experimental as an example. I could see why most would hate both. But this s--- challenges the listener who only follows traditional music theory and hates when people stray so far from it.

0 0
    Apr 20, 2024
  11. DKC

DKC hank trill

Feb 4, 2021
    I was more responding to you saying "whatever happened to just accepting that something was contrived and halfhearted from beginning to end." and "Too many of us "Let s--- grow"." than about @ Meh specifically. I love the song, but I don't care that you don't. It's not a hill I'm gonna die on lol

Apr 20, 2024
  12. Jay Zeus

Feb 4, 2021
    Leg Room > @ Meh
    And if I say that....you know that s--- trash.

0 0
    Apr 20, 2024
  13. Jeans

Feb 4, 2021
    I like @meh just for the fact it sounds really good. Like the mixing and mastering sounds very crisp and clean, it just had a very professional sound to it idk it’s hard to explain. Can understand how someone wouldn’t like

Apr 20, 2024