Weight loss journey!

Started by aleeex1923, Aug 17, 2019, in Life Add to Reading List

1. aleeex1923

Aug 17, 2019
    Hey guys, I thought about starting this thread and I really need to share my journey with somebody otherwise I'm gonna fall back into my worst shape ever.

Back in 2013-2014 I had like 145kg and when enough was enough I contacted a professional nutritionist and lost like 40kg but soon after that I quit seeing him and thought I can handle it on my own. At the end of 2014 I met my ex-girlfriend and during our 1st year together I gained like 20kg back and after that I started seeing my nutritionist again and managed to go til the end with his plan and went from 125 to 82 in like 5-6 months.

I maintained my weight with no problems, but after 3 years of relationship me and my gf broke up and it went downhill from there. I lost myself, I lost all my money to sports betting, I started not caring for me anymore and gained a lot of weight back.

Today I'm starting to feel like I'm losing control of myself all over again. I over eat like everyday 5k-6k calories like it's nothing and still being hungry after that. I'm sick almost every night, feel super depressed and I know it's time to stop.(I have a liver problem also so basically I'm killing myself by doing this) This is the only addiction that I have. I don't smoke, don't drink at all and whenever I'm happy, sad or bored I eat and eat and eat.

I wanna document my process here with you guys maybe that will give me the extra motivation to do it, since now in my life there is nothing to give me that extra push. I know how to do this since I've done it already but back then everything in my life was working for me and it was pretty easy to achieve the goal.

I'm starting this journey with 102kg and my goal is to have 75kg by the end of the year. I'm 32 years old and I'm 176cm(5′ 9) tall.

I will go diet only til 85kg and when I reach that, I will start to go to the gym. I will follow my nutritionist diet plans each day and I'll try to post meal and weight updates.

PS : if there is some of you who lost a lot of weight and wants to share their story, I'll be happy to hear it and also sorry for any grammar mistakes English is not my native language.

If I don't achieve the goal by the end of the year, or If I quit during the process I'll choose and accept 3 reasonable challenges from the users.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
    Mar 28, 2024
  2. icecube

icecube West Coast is the Best Coast

Aug 18, 2019
    Great thread! And well done for losing so much weight. It's not easy and as you have seen a few times now, the hardest part is the consistency. Something I. Struggling with myself over the last 10 months.

Ordinary Joel and aleeex1923 like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  3. aleeex1923

Aug 18, 2019
    yeah. Is one of the hardest if not the hardest thing I had to fight with. I even quit smoking after 12 years of doing it and that s--- was way easier than losing weight and maintaining it.

Ordinary Joel and icecube like this.
    Ordinary Joel and icecube like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  4. Immy

Immy yikes

Aug 18, 2019
    I lost over 8 stone in 9 months back in 2013. s--- changed my life forever, you need to keep something that makes u remember how ugly you feel when you were/are fat. I brought really expensive jeans that were sized for skinny people and made it my goal to fit into them. I also brought size S jumpers so that I have a reference point (scale weight is irrelevant). I’ve fluctuated since and gained a few pounds but I always lose it when I stop fitting in them clothe.

The key is to cut out processed sugar. Treat yourself once a week so it keeps your body used to the bad stuff. It will help your metabolism in the long run. You can easily shed the weight if you diet really well and lift weights. You got this

Mar 28, 2024
  5. aleeex1923

Aug 18, 2019
    Yeah, thanks a lot for your advice. The thing that motivates me the most at this point are the old photos with me after losing all that weight and I have a lot of clothes from that time period that won't fit me and it's frustrating because some are hella nice and now my t-shirts look like f---ing bed sheets lol. Thank for the support, I got this and I will go all the way this time. I will start lifting weights and hitting the gym regularly after 2 months of only diet, that's what my nutritionist advised me.

When I used to diet like crazy I'd treat myself with one meal a week and about every time I picked sushi, to keep it healthy and "fast food-ish" at the same time and also cause I love it so it's the perfect "cheat meal" for me.

Mar 28, 2024
  6. Immy

Immy yikes

Aug 18, 2019
    Tbf you don’t need exercise to lose weight it’s a common misconception. Just stick to your eating plan it sounds like it works effectively. I suggest the 5/2 rule once you lose the weight you want. 5 days of clean health and 2 eating normal

Mar 28, 2024
  7. MichaelsMad

Aug 18, 2019
    if you ever want some help with workout routines (mainly strength training) id be more than happy to help bro. just s---t me a message, or follow me on Instagram. I have a degree in exercise science and a minor in nutrition. and like most of the country im not having any benefit from it, except my own personal use lol. and also Immy is right, you do not need to workout to lose weight, unless you crash diet and f--- your metabolism up, BUT id like to say there is a difference between losing weight, and losing fat. I usually kind of explain it like this

lets say a guy is 200 lbs, decides to lose some weight, while yes, losing 20 to 30 lbs will make a difference in his appearance, hes not going to see any big changes in physique, hes gonna look relatively the same, just a smaller version of it.

One thing I love about fitness is that everyone has their own goals, and ambitions as far as appearance, and performance. But if your main goal is to just get rid of the weight, then yeah you don't have to really get into a gym routine, But I will say working out regularly does have a lot of mental and physical benefits. but also aside from just having that degree,

I boxed for many years of my life, and when I stopped I got pretty fat. im 6 foot 2. and my highest I weighed while fat was about 253lbs (114 KG) for you I guess. well I got obsessed with dropping weight, in a year and 3 months I had dropped 100 lbs, and at my height 153 lbs is SKINYY AS f---. so I started lifting weights. my goal was to weigh what I did at my fattest except be a solid lifter. I always liked the bulkier look ( I don't mean full on gut) but just maybe around 15% body fat but solid and strong. a lot of people have body fat percentages entirely confused. BUT long story short about 6 years later I got up to weighing 253. back in march I was my heaviest ever at 264 (I was eating and eating and eating and trying to get as strong as possible) Ended up tearing my right tricep (luckily only a grade 2) I was just being a f---ing gorilla, not sleeping enough, not taking enough days off from the gym like an idiot. (mostly I just wasn't taking the weight back and doing de load weeks to give my tendons and joints a break) just feeling invincible and it bit me in the a--- lol. right now im staying around 248. my Tricep is feeling pretty good, ima start putting it to work more heavily next few weeks.

But yeah man, just ask yourself what you want to achieve, do you just wanna lose weight? do you wanna lose some fat and lean out? do you want to build some cardio vascular endurance or also get strong? many things to do and try and multiple ways to achieve them. seems like ppl here are happy to check on you, talk, or help. id be more than happy to talk with you, explain anything that I can for you, and maybe even direct you to some youtube channels and some articles I always found useful. but ill be on here or on Instagram if you need me. and if you feel like stopping, just remember how you feel now, and why you wanted to start.

losing weight/fat and building muscle is made way more complicated than it actually is by social media, advertising etc there is a lot of BS myths and weird s--- out there that people get s----d into with diets, equipment, and bogus supplements (like testosterone boosters) don't even get me started on that bs lol. good luck to you bro.

Mar 28, 2024
  8. aleeex1923

Aug 18, 2019
    Thank you so much for your response. I'll reach out to you.

Mar 28, 2024
  9. virginia0806

virginia0806 Banned

Nov 19, 2022
    oh you're a great guy ! How was your journey? Personally, I did not experience excess weight, but my friend did. He tried various exercises and diets, but it did not help him much. Then he came across medications for weight loss called ozempic and now actively uses it. He buys ozempic online btw. Maybe you can try)

Last edited: Nov 28, 2022
    0 0
    Mar 28, 2024
  10. poopdogg

poopdogg Retired

Nov 19, 2022
    @aleeex1923 u still fat?

Ordinary Joel and JMG like this.
    Ordinary Joel and JMG like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  11. aleeex1923

Nov 19, 2022
    Not physically, I'm at 100kg now lost like 50kg but mentally I'll always be fat. Still struggling to get the last 20kgs off

Last edited: Nov 20, 2022
    Mar 28, 2024
  12. poopdogg

poopdogg Retired

Nov 19, 2022
    You are the man. You are the animal. You can do everything if you believe. And i believe in you my lion my bear

Ordinary Joel, JMG and aleeex1923 like this.
    Ordinary Joel, JMG and aleeex1923 like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  13. aleeex1923

Nov 19, 2022
    Go Serbia

Ordinary Joel and poopdogg like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  14. Wreckless

Nov 19, 2022
    Fax

You can technically lose weight doing no exercise and eating nothing but junk food. But not recommended cause it's unhealthy.

Intermittent fasting is the secret. Once you get used to it you realize just how easy it is to lose weight. You just have to set yourself an eating window and stick to it.

For example: You can only eat before 8 PM and after 12 PM the next day. So there's 16 hours where you can't eat (You can only drink water) and an 8 hour window where you decide what you want to eat. You stick to this every day and before you know it you're losing weight.

AND unlike other methods you don't have to feel bad if you want to have burgers and fries or if you decide to over eat. as long as you respect your eating window.

The problem with most people is that they eat whenever they sense the smallest feeling of hunger. Humans weren't meant to eat 3-4 massive meals a day with snacks in between each meal unless you want to become a bodybuilder.

It's normal to feel hungry (to a certain extent) and you need to get used to it.

After a couple weeks of intermittent fasting your body will adjust and you will no longer be hungry every 2 hours.

Mar 28, 2024
  15. poopdogg

poopdogg Retired

Nov 19, 2022
    My man watched all the Georges St Pierre videos

Mar 28, 2024
  16. Wreckless

Nov 19, 2022
    Weight loss is like the stock market. Sometimes your stock is high, sometimes it's low. It flucturates.

[​IMG]

Mar 28, 2024
  17. poopdogg

poopdogg Retired

Nov 19, 2022
    Lmao

Ordinary Joel and Wreckless like this.
    Ordinary Joel and Wreckless like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  18. Ripper Roo

Ripper Roo big me

Nov 19, 2022
    I can’t lose weight because I could never take a loss
    [​IMG]

Inanna, Worm, Ordinary Joel and 3 others like this.
    Inanna, Worm, Ordinary Joel and 3 others like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  19. KING AND I

Nov 19, 2022
    i respect it! big W!

Ordinary Joel likes this.
    Ordinary Joel likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  20. icecube

icecube West Coast is the Best Coast

Nov 19, 2022
    Man, this is immensely impressive! You should be so proud of that!

Ordinary Joel, aleeex1923 and Ricky like this.
    Ordinary Joel, aleeex1923 and Ricky like this.
    Mar 28, 2024