Serious Anyone here take ADHD medication?

Started by SHUDEYE, Jun 28, 2017, in Life Add to Reading List

1. SHUDEYE

SHUDEYE Kerser is the sickest.

Jun 28, 2017
    Been on Vyvanse 50mg for about three months. After the first four days it's been the best thing I've ever done. I also take 20mg Luxapro or whatever (an antidepressant). I don't know whether the medication has anything to do with it but I'm just curious if other people have had this. I'm going for a check up in like two weeks anyway but yeah.

Anyway, the last two weeks I've just been not right. Really bad mood swings, not like anger or anything like I'll just be the happiest person alive for half an hour then I'll be incredibly depressed for another period of time. For example I went to the football the other day, couldn't sleep out of excitement as my team had had a week off. Get there and I'm sitting there hating life, but it was like I was trapped in my body like internally I'm like "you're here you're at the football this is great wtf is going on why are you hating this" when yeah in general I f---ing hate life. Even when my team scored I didn't care. It does sound like bipolar tbh but yeah just curious if other people have had similar things and if it's maybe directly related to the meds I'm on. I kind of don't think it is because I had really intense side effects the first four days on the ADHD then after than literally the best thing I've ever done so I think it'd be weird just randomly three weeks down the track I start getting another side effect like this that's quite intense. The antidepressants I've been on for like a year so it probably wouldn't be them either.

Either way just more curious, I'm going to the doctor again soon anyway. I've stopped my drug abuse and stuff so I can't imagine it'd be that, I have had a few big drinking sessions and I've noticed I do get comedowns from it the next day a lot now so maybe it's like a drug one where it lasts technically for a few days.

Anyway I'm just at work and thought I'd ask and see if anyone is familiar with getting possible side effects a fair way into the medication.

pluto✰ likes this.
    pluto✰ likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  2. Lucy

Lucy #1

Jun 29, 2017
    yeah i take ritalins whebever i wanna destroy a carton of smokes and carton of drinks and bag of weed without sleeping for a few days.

1999 likes this.
    1999 likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  3. Lucy

Lucy #1

Jun 29, 2017
    if any doctors ask i got severe ADHD

Mar 28, 2024
  4. SHUDEYE

Jun 29, 2017
    Mine you can't really abuse recreationally if you don't have it. Like they're basically dexxies but they're mixed with a few other things. I'd had dexxies before and got f----- on them but these when I had them the first four days were h---, I lost 4kgs in 2 days. I could probably abuse them now if I wanted as I take them normally and am used to them but yeah, these you couldn't do as a once off.

Lucy likes this.
    Lucy likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  5. Alchemist34

Alchemist34 DO MY HEAD

Jun 29, 2017

I was gonna say maybe it's the Lexapro since anti-depressants sometimes make things worse before they get better for the first month or so but then you said you've been on them for a year so that can't be it unless it's actually stopped working which can happen with anti depressants. Are you feeling similar to how you were before you started them? Could also be vynase come down as all adhd meds have some sort of depressing or anxious comedown and it usually happens when the meds start wearing off and can last a few hours

0 0
    Mar 28, 2024
  6. 1999

Jun 29, 2017
    I'm not a doctor but I don't think thats healthy

0 0
    Mar 28, 2024
  7. theg

theg got that pma

Jun 29, 2017
    Yea when ritalin starts wearing off sometimes I get super anxious and stressed and depressed and obsessive over negative things when its wearing off but I can usually just tell myself that its only because of the drugs wearing off and I can usually kind of just ignore it. Still feel s-----y but its like what can you do its a side effect that comes with it I guess. I got ativan too for the come downs but thats some tricky stuff there I dont want to be using benzos every day so I use them sparingly

0 0
    Mar 28, 2024
  8. SHUDEYE

Jun 29, 2017
    The wearing off was the first thing i thought it might be but this s--- has been happening like 2hrs after havin it so it couldn't be that.

It sounds gay but I've always deep down felt i was bipolar, apparently my mum is. And franc, I've never really had swings as intense as this prior to the lux. Like its legit like boom from good to bad not even a transition. I've def had swings but yeh not like this, I'm not necessarily sayin it could be the meds cos yeh the lux I've been on a year and the vyvanse has been months and like i said its been the best thing I've ever done and it'd be weird to get intense sode effects out of nowhere three months or so in

0 0
    Mar 28, 2024
  9. Charlton01

Jun 29, 2017
    you could be just building a tolerance for it and its wearing off quicker so the comedowns come sooner?

Enigma and SHUDEYE like this.
    Enigma and SHUDEYE like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  10. SHUDEYE

Jun 29, 2017
    Hmmmm that is a fair point actually considering i would have built up a tolerance to amphetamines in general with my previous abuse. Maybe that could play a part

0 0
    Mar 28, 2024
  11. Charlton01

Jun 29, 2017
    Yeah but i dont think your previous use would have too much to do with it tho, I have a mate whos been on add/adhd meds for a while and he deffs says he builds tolerance to em real quick, he doesn't use it as much now as he used to, so not daily, but every now and then.

0 0
    Mar 28, 2024
  12. theg

theg got that pma

Jun 29, 2017
    Maybe its because you're expecting it a few weeks ago I thought I had trouble breathing on ritalin because of allergies, my chest felt tight and I started freaking out thinking I couldn't take a deep breath and I wasnt getting oxygen. I thought it was a side effect of ritalin and every time I took it it happened then for weeks. I did research though and saw that it's just a health-anxiety thing that ADD meds can cause sometimes where its just in your head thinking you're not getting enough oxygen but once I read that I stopped expecting it to happen and I havent had any problems since. Maybe its a mental thing like you've tied that s-----y feeling/mood swings to the meds now so you expect it to happen and when you take the pill your minds just like "well im ready to feel like s--- anyway lets get this over with". Maybe read into anxiety or mood related side effects and get a better understanding of them it might help to control it. Or ask your doctor to switch to a different medication

SHUDEYE likes this.
    SHUDEYE likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  13. Alchemist34

Alchemist34 DO MY HEAD

Jun 29, 2017
    Vynase is long acting and it'd take years for tolerance to build up and even then there's no way it'd wear off after two hours so I don't think it's vynase comedown if it's happening sporadically regardless of when you take the vynase

To be clear is it anxiety you're feeling or depression? Also are you on Luvox or Lexapro

Btw I don't think that's how bipolar works because with bipolar the mood swings last for weeks each so if you're getting mood swings throughout the day I doubt it's bipolar disorder

SHUDEYE likes this.
    SHUDEYE likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  14. SHUDEYE

Jun 29, 2017
    Thats what I'm worried about and worried is happening. Today was good tho didn't happen

0 0
    Mar 28, 2024
  15. SHUDEYE

Jun 29, 2017
    Depression and lexapro

0 0
    Mar 28, 2024
  16. theg

theg got that pma

Jun 29, 2017
    Yeah that's what it was for me. I read more about the side effects and symptoms and found out that it was all in my head and it was my mind making my body react that way to the drug, not the drug making my body react. Not really the same I guess since mine was a form of anxiety but it might be worth doing some research into and reading about other people on it with similar issues

SHUDEYE likes this.
    SHUDEYE likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  17. kidkuro

kidkuro local black man

Jun 29, 2017
    I've just been smoking weed since I was 13. That works as ADHD medication for me I guess.

SleepyGhost likes this.
    SleepyGhost likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  18. DKC

DKC hank trill

Jun 29, 2017
    AD(H)D medication can really f--- with your seratonin/dopamine. Look up seratonin syndrome.

SleepyGhost and Enigma like this.
    SleepyGhost and Enigma like this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  19. mow

mow long live flippa

Jun 29, 2017
    I kinda doubt that's the case here considering for how long he has been on both medications (unless either of em was recently increased?) and how would a doctor prescribe so much that it'd be an overdosing amount

DKC likes this.
    DKC likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024
  20. DKC

DKC hank trill

Jun 29, 2017
    Yeah, I wasn't necessarily suggesting that was the case, just used as an example of what it can do to you. Had a couple friends in college who used to abuse this s--- hardcore, went through amohetamine psychosis and s---. Scary stuff.

mow likes this.
    mow likes this.
    Mar 28, 2024